Open today: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM

via mobile
Absolutely loved it

Reviewed August 22, 2019
Marina B

All reviews diving experience el pit amazing cenotes casa cenote open water arturo protec ssi itc classroom skills carwash equipment shop instructor safety classes
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very professional and great people. I dived both reef and caverns (cenotes) on my trip. Jakob and his team are excellent. Very experienced and really helpful as well. First class. Thanks for a fabulous week.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed August 22, 2019

I researched a lot before coming and all the good reviews are right! Me and me friend went diving with Jakob (me) and Arturo (her). I dived in two different cenotes (cause I'm already certified in open water) and everything was perfect. Jakob explained, waited for my time and gave all the support I needed to this first cenote experience.
Arturo helped and was a perfect teacher for my friend's discovering dive! She is also feeling so amazed and wishing to continue diving.
So, I just have to thank you, Jakob and Arturo! We had a lovely and perfect day!

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed July 23, 2019

We went to Akumal on vacation and drove to Tulum to get deep dive certified with ProRec (found the shop on the SSI locator). It was great to find an SSI shop, and we were told Jakob was a PADI instructor before becoming an SSI instructor. Jakob taught our class, did several ocean dives and some cenote dives with us. We were all Nitrox certified, and Jakob had us do our own cylinder testing and labeling, which was great. They have their own filling equipment on site, rinse tank and hanging area in the back. We were able to rinse and leave our gear there each night - really convenient since we dove with them several days in a row and were driving a small rental car to and from Akumal each day. When we were there last July they were expanding the facility, so I don't know what new services they offer. Jakob was a great dive master, very friendly, helped us improve our skills. Will use ProRec again when we go back to the area and wholeheartedly recommend Jakob and the shop.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed July 9, 2019 via mobile

Just returned from an amazing cenotes cavern diving experience (10 dives in 4 days) with instructor & dive guide Jakob from Prorec dive center (which is part of Protec dive center, but focuses on recreational diving).

All from start to finish was handled very professionally: While planning the trip, my (numerous) enquiries were answered promptly, and during my stay, regulations and safety measures were explained and followed. Dive briefings were handled with maps on sites. Since it was clear that these guys knew what they were doing, it was easy to relax and just enjoy the dives.

I also stayed in Prorec/Protec’s newly established accommodation facility, which had been recently built in the same building with the dive operations - super easy! Rooms were spacious and very clean, equipped with AC and ceiling fans, as well as en-suite bathrooms. Shared kitchenette provided space for guests to store their food items, since no meals are provided as part of the accommodation. It would have been possible to do some (simple) cooking in the kitchen, but I opted for getting my breakfast items from the grocery stores nearby and going out to some restaurants for dinners instead. Tulum felt safe to walk around even in the evenings for a female solo traveller like myself.

Prorec may not be the cheapest dive operator in and around Tulum, but if you appreciate safety and professionalism, whilst having a great time both in and out of water, this is your place to go to.

And yes, totally fell in love with the cenotes... Highly recommend cavern diving for a bit more experienced divers who are good with their buyoncy and want to experience something a bit different apart from eg. reefs, walls and wrecks.

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed July 6, 2019 via mobile

Had 2 amazing dives with Tamara in El pit and dos ojos. Was probably about the most chilled way of diving I ever experienced...

And el pit is just a must do on every diving bucket list.

The dive shop had brand new wetsuits, apex regs etc...top equipment and surprisingly good coffee which shows that people there set the right priorities.

Date of experience: July 2019