“beyond my expectations!”

$110.00*
Sian Ka'An and Muyil Archaeological Site Tour
Ranked #2 of 101 Tours in Tulum
More attraction details
Owner description: Mexico Kan Tours is a travel agency committed to showing visitors to Mexico the country's incredible range of culture and biodiversity. We design every tour with a desire to share our own extensive travel experience in Mexico,combined with the love that we feel for its true and hidden side. Our activities strive to enrich and entertain in a manner that is socially and ecologically responsible.Trust Mexico Kan Tours and let us make your visit an enlightening, rewarding and memorable experience..
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I have lived here in the Yucatán for nearly 3 years and yesterday I went out with Mexico Kan Tours -
It was FANTASTIC! The tour was simply incredible. It exceeded any expectation I could have had.
We began the day at Punta Lagoona and this place is something really special. The elders there are working in a sustainable fashion that is so humble and in harmony with their environment. It really is my pleasure to bringing this family more business in the future. (the group at Punta Lagoona). While there we toured the land, searched for monkeys and found them in their natural habitat, canoed across the beautiful lagoona and then zip lined across a portion of the lagoona, canoed back and then off to a cenote. I have been to many cenotes but they way the guide set us up for this one was spectacular. We repelled down (there is a rope ladder but you really -- if not athletic - need to repel). It was pitch black with darkness. He had us wait till our eyes were accustomed to this space and then swam us across to the far wall, we waited some more and then they turned on the lights so we could see the entire space. We then went to eat (thank goodness I was so hungry from the mornings adventures!) and then to Coba! We biked while at Coba and there were only 4 in our group - the whole experience couldn't have been more exceptional. Our guide was Frank and I highly recommend he be requested for this adventure and probably just about any other he leads!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I really enjoyed using Mexico Kan Tours to explore the Muyil Ruins and the Sian Ka'an Biosphere. In addition to giving us a comprehensive history of the Muyil ruins and the ancient Mayan use of the biosphere's waterways, our local tour guide Miguel was very knowledgeable about the flora and the fauna of the region and would point out local bird and plants that I would have otherwise missed. This really made me see things in a different light. I could tell that Miguel was very passionate about the region, living here for quite some time and also recommending excellent local places to eat. This relaxing and very educational tour made me see Tulum in a whole new light. I really recommend it to any eco-conscious tourists and/or history buffs who want to explore a deeper side of this ancient port city. I can't wait to use this wonderful tour company again to explore more of the region!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

If you are are supporter of sustainability, and eco-friendly tours you have come to the right place.
The tour that I did with Miguel was one of my favorite Tulum experiences. I'm sure no matter which tour you elect, you will not be disappointed -- however I definitely recommend the biosphere.

Also it's worthy to note that MKT is the leader in bird watching tours.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

This excursion has become one of my best memories of our Yucatan trip. Our guide Patricia had a vast knowledge of the area and its history. Each step, animal, fauna was explained with details and without her expertise, this day trip and our approach to Tulum area would have been different.

The van, as well as the boat were very confortable. The little number of people x boat allowed us to have better view of each animal that crossed our way.. turtles, dolphins, crocodile, birds... and of course the charming mosquitos ;).

The foods was very good, I definitely recommend this day trip to anyone visiting Tulum. Both guides that were with us were pleasant, entertraining and with great knowledge.

Orale!
Rachida

2  Thank Rachidaellamisma
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We joined the Sian Ka´an Muyil tour on a recent trip to Tulum and had a fantastic experience. Miguel (a.k.a. as 'Chuy Corona') was our tour guide and did a great job. He is very knowledgeable and constantly focused on making sure everybody on the group is enjoying the tour. The water colors at the Muyil lagoon are fantastic and the experience of floating in the canals across the mangrove is a once in a lifetime experience. The hibiscus water and veggie (and light) sandwiches were also great additions to the tour. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone wanting to experience something unique that combines history, archeology, nature and great landscapes