“A fun trip that became a great experience thanks to Chris our amazing guide!”

Mexico Kan Tours - Day Tours
$130.00*
Chichen Itza Day Trip with Cenote and Valladolid from Tulum
Ranked #2 of 99 Tours in Tulum
More attraction details
Owner description: Mexico Kan Tours is a travel agency committed to showing visitors to Mexico the country's incredible range of culture and biodiversity. We design every tour with a desire to share our own extensive travel experience in Mexico,combined with the love that we feel for its true and hidden side. Our activities strive to enrich and entertain in a manner that is socially and ecologically responsible.Trust Mexico Kan Tours and let us make your visit an enlightening, rewarding and memorable experience..
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A fun trip that became a great experience thanks to Chris our amazing guide!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We booked a trip called "Mayan underworld" thinking we are going to snorkle in a Cenote (water cave) which is a popular touristic experience in this area. What we got was a private tour (only 5 people- 3 of us and another nice couple), in a comfortable ride, with Chris- our guide, who quite frankly is the best guide we ever had. During the ride he explained many interesting things about Mayan life, culture and history- which, in our opinion, brought an added value to this trip. What really blew our minds was the Cenote- Chris took us to a private Cenote- no other tourists, again- interesting explanations, and amazing views! We recommend taking an underwater camera because you would want to remember these moments.

Visited July 2013

Melbourne, Australia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Nice day”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We booked the underwater cenote tour through our hotel. Not knowing what to expect, we were picked up on time by our guide who was accommodating and friendly. The Cenote was amazing! The water is cold so be prepared but you do get used to it so I wouldn't let it worry you too much. . We could have missed the last snorkle at the lagoon but thats just us and some people would love it. If you're a big eater, bring snacks as lunch was just fruit. Also, if you have your own snorkel gear, I'd bring that along too as there gear wasn't great. All in all, good day. It's expensive but I'm sure there's a reason for that.

Visited July 2013
Oxfordshire
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Just amazing”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Booked the Mayan Inland tour, which covers the Coba pyramid and Punta Laguna nature reserve. I did a lot of research before choosing Mexico Kan tours, and they were just what we were looking for. We wanted to see wildlife in a small group (ours was four people) and we were not disappointed - spider monkeys and howler monkeys at Punta Laguna (very close up), morpho butterflies, one crocodile, dozens of species of birds and reptiles... take a camera and binoculars! Our guide, Chris, was incredibly patient, and seemed to be enjoying it just as much we were. And did I forget to mention the zipline in remote forest to return from the howler monkeys, the canoeing, descending into a cenote...... I don't have a lot to compare it to, apart from hearing about other people's nightmare experiences of second rate tours, but this one is the real deal. Shame I can only give 5 stars.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Xylocopa
Boston, Massachusetts
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Amazing Experience”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have taken two private tours with this company and both times the guides were amazing, the tour was amazing and I could not ask for more. Both times I did the Sian Ka'an tour and the guides were knowledgeable and more importantly, in my opinion, they had a wonderful rapport with the locals in Punta Allen, which is a testament to their professionalism. Anytime I travel to Tulum, I will be booking my excursions with Mexico Kan Tours.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank wendysprague29
New York City, New York
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best small group tour operator ever!”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I went on two tours with this company.

The first one was Sian Ka'an Muyil-Floating Experience with Alberto. I was the only person on tour! Alberto picked me up on time, gave me a detailed explanation of the Muyil ruins, and then took me on a wonderful tour of the Sian Ka'an biosphere. It was such a personal experience. He did an excellent job showing how different Mexico Kan Tours is from the other companies.

Because of the wonderful experience with Alberto, I signed up for the second tour - Mayan Inland Expedition. The second tour was a full day tour was led by Chris. I was only with 3 other tourists. We visited the Coba ruins and Punta Laguna. We saw monkeys, rode canoes, did ziplines, swam in a cenote - we pretty much covered everything the inland region is known for.

Thank you, Alberto and Chris, for such memorable two days.

Visited June 2013