“COBA-unforgettable” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Chichen Itza Day Trip with Cenote and Valladolid from Tulum
Ranked #2 of 93 Tours in Tulum
More attraction details
Owner description: Mexico Kan Tours is a travel agency committed to showing visitors to Mexico the country's incredible range of culture and biodiversity. We design every tour with a desire to share our own extensive travel experience in Mexico,combined with the love that we feel for its true and hidden side. Our activities strive to enrich and entertain in a manner that is socially and ecologically responsible.Trust Mexico Kan Tours and let us make your visit an enlightening, rewarding and memorable experience..
brooklyn
“COBA-unforgettable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

Monkeys, spelunking, ruins, bicycling through the jungle, lunch, zipline, canoeing, mayan rituals, and the best coffee in Tulum all in one day with a fun and responsible and knowledgeable staff. This trip far surpassed my expectations and left my entire group elated. I will most definitely work with this company again!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank j a

Paris, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great tour and people !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

Hi everybody !
I just discovered this little and great agency and did tour Sian Kaan Muyil : 5 hours in the reserve of sian kaan with Miguel (the guide) and a couple of canadian people, visiting the very quiet site of muyil, walk in the jungle and boat ride into lagoons and mangrove and to finish, "floating" in the canal. Just GREAT !
If you go in Tulum or anywhere else in Mexico (I heard they were organizing all around the country), contact them ! They're very helpful, passionate and professional.

Visited March 2012
2 Thank Luna B
Winnipeg, Canada
“fantastic tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2012

we booked through Kan Tours and went on the World Wonder Discovery tour, the Chichen Itza Ultimate. What a great tour, we were picked up by Frank, our tour guide from Ireland. Pick up very prompt, right on time, a very pleasant surprise. We spent the entire day travelling to the ruin site, touring the most incredible ruins you will ever see. Then on to a cool swim in one of the neatest cenotes ever. After that, it was on to a fantastic lunch and tour of the townsite at Valladolid. We were truly amazed at the knowledge Frank had about the mayan way of life and culture. He was able to answer every question we put to him, a great guide. Would not hesitate to take another tour with this company.

Visited February 2012
2 Thank Gerry M
Parry Sound
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“An Amazing Two Days...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2012

My cousin & myself did two sublime tours through Mexico Kan Tours.

Our Tour Guide Miguel Amar was key to our Mexico experience. He is eco friendly, a wealth of knowledge, obviously loves his job, his country & his life.

Both my cousin & myself found ourselves saying "Miguel says..." throughout the rest of our trip in Mexico

The first day we did the Sian Ka'an, Muyil Ruins & the mangrove float, every last second was wonderful.

The second day we went snorkeling & to the private cenote...I believe it was the Mayan underworld tour. Whatever it was called, it was truely life changing for both myself and my cousin.

We will be back, We will be booking more tours with Mexico Kan Tours & we will try to have Miguel again.

A truly amazing & informative 2 days, our only complaint was that is wasnt every single day of our trip.

Visited February 2012
2 Thank acebarrett
Minneapolis, MN
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“One of the most amazing days I've ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2012

We booked the Coba and Monkey Sanctuary (Sac-be) tour through cozumel-tours.com. I can't really put into words what a special day this was. I only have room here for the highlights.

It was a small group - six passengers plus Steven our host/guide and Omar our driver. It was an interesting drive to the Punta Laguna Nature Reserve, through little Mayan villages of stick huts. Punta Laguna was very wild. We hiked through the jungle and eventually found a whole troop of spider monkeys. Awesome. We continued on to a lagoon, where we put on safety gear, boarded canoes, and paddled a short distance across the lagoon. I’d never done zip lining, but it was fun (while kind of scary)! The next activity was rapelling into an underground cenoté. Because we were descending into the “underworld,” a Mayan shaman performed a ceremony – blessing each of us. Then we donned life jackets (I’m a strong swimmer but glad I had it) and one by one descended through the small opening into the cenoté. The water was cold, but it was so peaceful paddling around and watching the bats passing over our heads. Amazing. The only part of the entire journey I didn't like was climbing the slippery rope and stick ladder out of the cenoté. But I made it with a little help from the Mayan men holding my line.

Then it was a bus trip to the Mayan restaurant. I thought it would be a little shack with a meal prepared just for us, but it was a big open-air restaurant with more than a hundred people enjoying the little buffet of Mayan food. The pollo en pibil (chicken steamed in banana leaves) was especially good.

Our final stop was the Coba archeological site. We stopped at one pyramid, and then rode bicycles to the great pyramid. I definitely recommend the bikes - it would have been a long walk. Then we set to climbing its 120 steps (138 feet). At the top was the most amazing view of jungle and semi-hidden structures. Even with all the people, it was spiritual experience. On the bike ride back toward the entrance, we stopped at a few other structures. Steven seemed truly excited about showing us everything and explaining the history to us. I never felt like we were on a timed tour. He was willing to give us all the time we wanted. Steven and Omar were great hosts all day, even dropping us off at our requested location in Playa after the tour.

What a day!!! It was $118 per person plus $10 pickup charge (and voluntary tips for Steven and Omar) but was the best money I’ve spent in a LONG time.

Tip: This tour is far too long to do on a cruise. It lasted close to 12 hours. Also, bring beverages and snacks if you want more than bottled water and cookies during the tour (other than lunch).

Visited January 2012