“Food, ambience, drink menu and wine menu say it all!”
Review of Casa Banana

Casa Banana
Ranked #35 of 425 Restaurants in Tulum
Cuisines: Argentinean, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Description: Located across the beach road from Nueva Vida is Casa Banana Steakhouse, a Tulum dining hot spot. Serving up classic Argentinian style cuisine, the food here is simple, fresh and delicious. For breakfast each morning enjoy made to order coffee, homemade banana bread, and pineapple coconut jam. At night the restraurant gets busy and comes alive with it’s outdoor grill, known as “parilla,” and dishes are cooked over the open fire for all to see. The menu favorites include grilled to perfection steak, fresh caught fish, impressive salads, and a thoughtfully selected wine list. Don’t forget to try the handshaken icy margaritas, too.Open daily breakfast, lunch and dinner. We provide beach service for all guests of the hotel.
Reviewed March 27, 2014

This was definitely by far one of the best meals I have ever had. The location is ideal. They have an extensive hand crafted martini bar. Large wine bar and wine menu. They staff was fabulous. Sarverio was our server. He made our date night perfect! The zuchini salad was deliciouis. I had the filet mignon in a wine reduction sauce cooked in the wood fire oven. It was prefectly cooked with the most amazing flavor. Our carmel crepe dessert was also fabulous. They made the food to order and are super fast. The only thing you need to know is that it is cash only! Highly recommended!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,745)

Reviewed March 26, 2014

My husband and I visited with our three year old for an early dinner in March. The restaurant was one of the most beautiful places in Tulum and very romantic! The candlelight and the wood-fire oven both made for an unforgettable setting. The martini bar, which we didn't experience due to our child looked very inviting and everyone that walked up to it ended up being served a beautiful concoction, that I'm sure was as delicious as it was beautiful.
Our server was young but decent, and all the staff here are a very eclectic bunch (no uniforms, not 5 star service, like most of Tulum)... At one point, they were very busy and another server helped take our dessert order which was fine by my.
We had the homemade chorizo and zucchini salad to start... We might have ordered other things, but they were out of a lot of items on the menu! The server said it was because we were there so early (6:30pm), but I assumed most items would be ready since they were open for a Friday night service. The chorizo was amazing and my three year old ate almost ALL of it! Very unusual for him. My zucchini salad was good although WAY overly acidic! It did mention in the description that it had a citric vinaigrette, although this was almost un-eatable! I was so sad because I almost had the beet salad and someone nearby ordered it and way raving about it! UGH! I would have mentioned it to the staff, but we didn't see our server during the starters.
Thank god for the mains! I ordered the rib-eye MR and my husband had the t-bone MR and both were cooked 110% perfectly! The rib eye was so delicious it was like eating butter! Throw in the chimichurri sauce that is served on the side and it was like heaven! Totally had forgotten about the salad at this point! My husbands t-bone, although not as good as my rib eye was also cooked perfectly. The t-bone was also very thin compared to my rib eye... the waiter did tell us the best steak on the menu was the rib eye, my husband should have listened. We also shared a bottle of Sauv. Blanc (not the best to pair with our steaks) but very delicious. We poured the whole bottle alone, other than the first two glasses, which was fine for us... but I can understand if you are a needy patron needing more service than this for the cost.
For dessert, we shared a caramel flan and also the chocolate gelato, very delicious!
All in all, I would definitely definitely return! But for the prices at this establishment, the service could be improved as well as that acidic salad (hence 4 stars and not 5)!

Reviewed March 25, 2014

"This is going to be the best meal you'll have in Tulum" said our hostess as we were seated at our table. Casa Banana will probably go on my list of top ten restaurants with the most beautiful atmosphere. The dining area and rustic open wood burning oven was spectacular. The food was ok, but didn't match the ambiance. Come time to pay the check, our waiter continued to tell us that we didn't have enough money. I willingly counted it twice in front of him only for him to realize that we did in fact have more than enough for the check and generous tip. Not the best meal I had in Tulum.

2  Thank LyBoyd
Reviewed March 22, 2014

great all round, food, wine, cocktails, atmosphere, service. always try to accommodate you. Don't have to wait long really. Near road so a bit noisy.

Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

We'd decided on Casa Banana as our "fancy" dining night, and it did not disappoint.
We arrived around 7 in the evening, and enjoyed a nice Sauvignon Blanc while waiting about 15 mins for our table.
Upon being seated, we were told about the specials by the hostess who was very sweet and accommodating.
We split a bottle of wine that took a bit of time to arrive, but by this time we were pretty accustomed to the "island time" vibe, so it didn't bother us.
I ordered a ribeye since they were out of the sirloin, medium rare, and I was so surprised at how perfectly it was cooked; I have a hard time getting that in the states! My parter ordered the market fish, which was wood grilled to perfection.
The server really didn't do anything save for taking our order and incorrectly opening & serving our wine, but we were there for the food, company, and ambiance, so it didn't bother us too much.
Overall, the food was insanely fresh and complimented with lovely veggies and herbs.
I don't recall what the bill was, probably because it was what I expected to pay for such top-notch food. Would definitely suggest and can't wait to go again.