“New take on steaks”
Review of Casa Banana

Casa Banana
Ranked #41 of 389 Restaurants in Tulum
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located across the beach road from Nueva Vida is Casa Banana Steakhouse, a Tulum dining hot spot. Serving up classic Argentinian style cuisine, the food here is simple, fresh and delicious. For breakfast each morning enjoy made to order coffee, homemade banana bread, and pineapple coconut jam. At night the restraurant gets busy and comes alive with it’s outdoor grill, known as “parilla,” and dishes are cooked over the open fire for all to see. The menu favorites include grilled to perfection steak, fresh caught fish, impressive salads, and a thoughtfully selected wine list. Don’t forget to try the handshaken icy margaritas, too.Open daily breakfast, lunch and dinner. We provide beach service for all guests of the hotel.
Houston, Texas
“New take on steaks”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Excellent steak, good service with a good wine selection. Bring an appetite as the portions are huge.

Visited September 2012

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Oakland, California
“Breakfast + Dinner = La Bomba!”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Casa Banana is only open for breakfast for those staying at Hotel Nueva Vida. The morning I was there, I was the only one for breakfast but they did not wimp out on me! I had a delicious coffee w/some pan along with a beautifully sliced array of fruits (piña, mango, banana, canteloupe, honeydew, and watermelon) - just what I needed to get the day going.

For dinner, I ate solo and got the skirt steak which I was hesitant to since I can't usually eat a whole meal like that by myself, but my waiter had an awesome sense of humor and continued to remind me to just take my time (and that me and my pregnant belly could really eat the whole thing). I too, got the delicious smoky sausage starter along w/a chicken pate con totopos. Both were great and really generous, but I have to say that I was actually VERY IMPRESSED with my steak plate despite reading reviews that had me more cautious.

The steak was MUY SABROSA, cooked perfectly to order and seasoned really well! I loved the chimichurri and slightly sweet red pepper sauce that came with it, and the mashed+fried potatoes, roasted potatoes, and arugula were perfect sides. Sure, it wasn't cheap and at first I was a little hesitant, but after having what can only be described as an incredible meal w/incredible service, it was worth every penny, and would've cost a lot more if I had that same meal back in the states.

I don't know if this would be the best place to take my vegetarian husband, however since everything I had featured meat!

• Visited September 2012
New York City, New York
“Great dim-lit ambiance”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

The complimentary sausage appetizer was probably the best bite of the meal. The steak was good but not great. The whole grilled fish was excellent!

Visited May 2012
Tavistock, England, United Kingdom
“Grrrrrrreat Steak!”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Very very very good steaks, but very expensive! The service was good. The clientele tended to be loud Americans though.

Visited August 2012
Milan, Italy
“Great steak”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Great Vacio Argentino cooked to perfection and very professional staff. Dessert choice limited but everything was delicious.

Visited August 2012