Open today: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM

from $30.00
More Info
from $80.00
More Info
All reviews yoga classes free diving freediving discovery breathing techniques dive sites beautiful cenote an unforgettable experience lots of fun sabrina classroom skills apnea depth angelita teacher lesson introduction
Selected filters
Reviewed August 16, 2019

This was the best experience I've had on a vacation in a long time. It's hard to encapsulate: you'll relax, push your boundaries, and explore absolutely gorgeous cenotes. My only regret is not taking the full Level 1 course!

If you've ever been curious about free diving, the discovery course is for you. Sabrina is the best coach I could imagine. She makes you totally comfortable at whatever level you start at, but by the end of the day, you'll have accomplished way more than you thought possible.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed August 11, 2019

If you are reading this and are considering it, let me just do you the favor and say - do it! This was one if not the best experience I had here while visiting Tulum. BONUS - you get some amazing photos the likes youve never seen yourself in (because we all need a tiny bit of self validation through our social media right?).

It was a journey of pushing personal boundaries, seeing the underwater world in a totally different way (and I scuba dive often!), creating amazing relationships with other people in the class (max is 3) and most of all the founder/instructor (Sabrina) who is the sweetest and most professional person you can ask for to take you through this journey.

Not to give too much away from your experience but heres the general run down:

The class was roughly from 9am-4/5pm. You go through a short but interesting instructional class, then some yoga that emphasizes breathing and relaxation, which then applies to the next part where you put the gear on and practice in the pool. You go to a cenote and have the best time ever. You finish with some amazing photos - I've attached one of mine in this review.

Again if you are considering this, do it. It will be a highlight of your stay.

Date of experience: August 2019
1  Thank Matthew N
Sabrinacasasurya, Owner at La Casa Surya, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2019

Thank you so much Matt! It was great meeting you! We got a lot of fun!
Come back for your level 1 or for some cenote adventures!

Take care! Wish you all the best!

Reviewed July 24, 2019

Although I was quite frightened at first (it was my first time giving free diving a go and I’m just an average swimmer), Sabrina, with her calm and caring nature, had helped me to really enjoy the whole experience under water. She never pushed me to do any further than what I was comfortable with, and the practice sessions prior to the dive were very useful and informative. Truly a magical experience! Thank you so much Sabrina!

Date of experience: July 2019

Thank you Miki! It was great meeting you.

Reviewed July 8, 2019

I did my freediving level 1 course at "La Casa Surya". It was unimaginable to me to freedive before this course. Sabrina (the owner) has led me slowly through the theories and is a very patient practical teacher too. I always felt very comfortable and was progressing far beyond my imagination!

It was an awesome experience and I can recommend it to everyone who wants to try out this sport, who wants to get more comfortable in water or even if just interested in the human body and what it is capable of.

Big thanks to Sabrina!

Date of experience: June 2019

Thanks Marco! It was great taking care of your level 1. Hope to see you soon in Tulum!

Reviewed June 16, 2019

Great training with Sabrina on all fronts! She only does small groups and because of a potential classmate’s illness and it being low season, I lucked out and got one-on-one training. Her passion for ecology, physiology, mind and body really came through in her studio/classroom, teaching style, and in-water training. Her background in yoga is beneficial to anyone looking to freedive. You will learn breath exercises and mat stretching to aid in that days activities and continual training. Highly recommend La Casa Surya and all the services it has to offer!

Date of experience: June 2019
Sabrinacasasurya, Owner at La Casa Surya, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2019

Gracias Patrice! It was great meeting you! See you soon in Tulum