“A delightful way to start the day in Tulum”
Review of Azafran Restaurant

Azafran Restaurant
Ranked #41 of 413 Restaurants in Tulum
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 18, 2014

You may dine indoors or in the garden area and enjoy high quality, consistently we'll-prepared food that has never disappointed me. Service has always been excellent even during the busiest of times. I've become a regular patron because of the quality and this is definitely my breakfast place when I'm in Tulum. The only drawback is that credit cards are not accepted.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We came twice here for breakfast. The patio is lovely, service is very nice and the owner is a nice German lady. Food is VERY good, very creative dishes with great fresh fruit/vegetables juices! We will be back next time in Tulum!!

Reviewed May 26, 2014

The place does not look tempting from the outside - small house in the middle of nowhere. But when you get inside - it's much better. Peaceful and pretty garden and ...delicious european breakfast. Nice change after whole week of Mexican food. Sandwich with mozarella and tomato -tasty.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

My boyfriend and I were in Tulum one week and ended up here 3 times, including having it be our last stop before we headed to the airport in Cancun. The food is so delicious, and in my typical fashion I ordered the same thing three times because I couldn't resist how good it was. I got the hangover breakfast, which included mashed potatoes, poached eggs, bacon, sausage, fresh made bread, and a small green salad. My boyfriend got this once as well a another menu item which had fresh vegetables in a delicious sauce with eggs and mashed potatoes. All served with fresh watermelon juice and coffee! I wanted to try the bagel options they had as they looked delicious, but after having the hangover breakfast once I could NOT turn back. That being said, I'm sure the bagels were just as amazing. Also, the setting is perfect. You sit in the back in a beautiful garden, with nice flowers and plants and a large tree with hanging vines. It was also very quiet as it was set off a quieter road. The staff was very friendly and the owner was wonderful as well. Highly recommended when you are looking for a sturdy breakfast/brunch to get you through until dinner, or just an overall good meal!

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Bread is really good - eggs so tastey - crepes with fruit so yum. Best part is the garden seating area and the kids wanted to keep coming back for the turtles (small pond on site)