“The most consistent restaurant in Tulum”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Azafran Restaurant

Azafran Restaurant
Ranked #48 of 386 Restaurants in Tulum
Cuisines: German, Cafe, European
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tuskegee, Alabama, United States
“The most consistent restaurant in Tulum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

In a way it's hard to compare Azafran to most of the other places in Tulum, but the one thing to be said is it is the most consistent place in the entire town. Nothing but the very best ingredients, and the care and focus used in delivering their food is clear. Milli and Rene are genuinely GOOD PEOPLE....
The breakfast options are hard to choose from. but My favorite is the "Deli". Roast beef, Spanish ham,house cured salmon, pate, brie, olives and butter with German rye made in house. I can't think of a better way to start the day, unless you have the "Texan", Homemade bagel with eggs, roast beef, bacon. Like I saids it's hard to choose.

• Visited October 2013

Banff, Canada
“Great home breakfast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Literally felt like I was at a friends house who makes me delicious breakfast. Amazing friendly service, yum coffee and a great filling big breakfast for really good value. Only wish that we went there again

• Visited October 2013
Groningen
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dormingo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

This summer we were in Tulum again and as usual we went to Azafran for our breakfest. The food was as good as I remembered, my favourite breakfast is now the Deli special.
The garden is a excellent place to chill.
The service is excellent and Mika, the owner, always make you feel at home and welcome.
So definitely the best spot in town, not just for breakfest but also for lunch, just try the goulash, bratwurst and the sauerkraut

• Visited July 2013
San Francisco, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the best places to eat in Tulum, although I think I just ordered the wrong thing.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I heard of this place through my renting-landlord here.
We went for breakfast, and I asked the table across what they recommended and they said the Deli Breakfast which has pates, cheeses, salami and bread, which sounded exciting.
I have to admit, I was surprised and a bit disappointed, but I wholeheartedly believe that I just got unlucky because in addition to the praise I heard about Azafran, and the reviews that I read previously, both of my siblings who were with me got really amazing dishes-- the fruit filled crepe and the Hangover breakfast.

Everything I saw of theirs seemed to be prepared perfectly and from what I tasted it was awesome. I really want to go back and try the gulash or salmon.
If you have not gone in here, go! Its in the top 97% of restaurants in Tulum.

• Visited September 2013
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Mmmmm :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

This is a great spot for breakfast, brunch or lunch. The bagels are baked fresh, with so much variety, and hubby really loved the hangover breakfast and fresh oj! Set in a beautiful tropical garden - excellent :)

• Visited June 2013