“Little Gem in Tulum”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is a perfect little gem I found in Tulum! We ate her twice in our week-long trip and both times were perfect. The German-inspired menu was a perfect reflection of the owner's identity and journey to Mexico. She offered homemade pretzels with a mildly sweet German mustard (my fav). I also enjoyed the deli breakfast which included a variety of meats including lox and pâté along with a basket of bread. We also ordered the Chaya con pina, perfect to keep you regular. Super fibrous and they call it the Mayan spinach. They service was on-point and the atmosphere was a quaint outdoor garden. It was beautiful and peaceful. The owner was very friendly and she offered us good advice on where to visit. I'm so happy we found this place.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Agree with prior reviews, this little place was a terrific find. I had no negatives whatsoever. Coffee was amazing, owner called it "Best of the Best" and she wasn't kidding. I'll need to back soon and ask where she buys it, because I've looked.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We ate here two times on our last trip and found the food to be top notch and the service excellent. We had the "Hangover breakfast" and it was a big meal for the price. Also had the regular eggs, pastry, bacon, sausage breakfast and it was just right. The owner Mika(?) was present and most everyone was a regular that she knew by name. Coffee and orange juice cam with the breakfast so a very good value for the price. Pablo's Omelette was big enough for two. Saw the Texas Bagel go by and it is next on my list to try - Bagel, grilled steak, bacon and it looked perfect.. The breads are homemade onsite and fresh juice, coffee and a really pleasant garden in the back of the building gave a very relaxed vibe. Will go bak soon!

Reviewed February 22, 2013

The most amazing breakfast we have had in Mexico after travelling the country for the last 4 weeks. The owner is lovely and when we asked if she was open for dinner (unfortunately she wasnt only breakfast and lunch) she was kind enough to suggest multiple places to go in the area. The other staff were all smiles and the courtyard amongst the trees was lovely.

We had the Hangover breakfast which included delicious homemade sausages, which my gf who doesn't normally like sausages said she could eat an entire plate full as a meal, bacon, mash, eggs, toast, coffee and freshly squeezed oj, the best deal ever for only 95 pesos and presented beautifully.

I cannot speaker highly enough of this place, we are definitely returning tomorrow morning and every morning until we have to leave Tulum. 10/10

Reviewed February 19, 2013

The Hangover Breakfast is all that it is cracked up to be- eggs, bacon, potatoes, with coffee and juice! The garden is a beautiful and peaceful spot to enjoy it. When we were there a fellow patron was strumming on his guitar. A wonderful start to any day in Tulum.