“<3”

Ranked #121 of 411 Restaurants in Tulum
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 6, 2013

delicious food, great service, excellent location. while we didn't stay there (the hotel was booked up) we did venture down and have breakfast at the restaurant on the beach. we would have loved to stay. it was a very chill and relaxing vibe, felt very comfortable. it made us stay and enjoy the view for quite a while, catching up on emails with their complimentary wifi.

next year we will try and get a place here at casa violeta.

1  Thank Jeffizmhansen
There are newer reviews for Casa Violeta Restaurant

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We ventured here as we were staying at Luv Tulum and felt like having something light to share and a little different from the seafood and mexican food we had been eating all week. Also, there was rain approaching so we wanted to stay nearby. The pizza was good particularly given the price point - but not great (although I am exposed to extremely good food, including pizza, at home in Houston, so am picky). One pizza was plenty for both of us, and the glass of wine I had was fine (although I was required to have white as there was no red). The restaurant itself was very nice and comfortable, with a good view of the beach. Service was so-so, but typical of Tulum. The bat that randomly flew in provided good entertainment. We prefered the pizza at La Onda nearby on the jungle side (but this could have been given the particular pizza we ordered), but we certainly liked that the beachfront location of Casa Violeta ment mosquitos were not a problem (as they are at any restaurant on the jungle side of the street.) I recommend this restaurant for pizza on the beach, and for a pretty interior location with a nice view. But given food and service alone, I would probably not go too far out of my way to eat here.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

After exploring Tulum nook to nook, I would like to stay at Casa Violeta the next time I travel. I really liked Azulik, but Casa Violeta has food on the premises and a beach front which adds to the convenience and ambience. The food is quite good and the service is friendly as well.

1  Thank ShazMans
Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

Let's start with the most important: excellent food! The pizzas are just great. Like in Italy, we dare to say. We also liked the gazpacho (although spicier than in Spain) and the pannacotta. The restaurant was slightly understaffed and it seemed the waiters were struggling to survive. We were the first guests for dinner on August 2nd, and still our waiter managed to bring our starters and main courses at the same time. We disliked the 10% tip as an apparently 'fixed' part of the bill, but we tipped anyway (a little less, for 'this is not America') since the staff were friendly after all.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

My boyfriend and I just stumbled upon this place one afternoon during our 4 night stay in Tulum. We were drawn into the restaurant after reading a sign advertising a free margherita pizza with any pizza order. We thought it was too good to be true but it wasn't! We got two pizzas for the price of one and they were DELICIOUS! The staff here is unbelievably friendly. The view from the restaurant is spectacular. The person who decorated this restaurant has excellent taste. We really enjoyed the Chilean wines we drank here as well.

2  Thank Amanda V