* Stylish rooms with lovely big beds.
* Stylish hotel
* Very good food in the restaurant. Breakfast was excellent, especially the pancakes.
* Peaceful hotel on the beach. It's relaxing to fall asleep to crashing waves.
* Very friendly (cute) and helpful staff
* Lots of free water in rooms, and cute beach kit provided each day.
* Strange open plan bathroom not separated very well from bedroom. I like my toilet to close off from where I sleep.
* No television. This is a design decision to focus the guests' attention on relaxing and their surrounds. Having said that, it's the guests' choice what they want to do in their free time. We had some wet days where some television might have passed the time.
* Wifi was sometimes unreliable, in particular when it was raining. I assume they use satellite internet.
* The adjacent beach is not perfect. It's better to drive further north to some of the beautiful beaches.
* We were interrupted by the cleaner on several days. I hate this. I wish they had "do not disturb" signs for the doors. Then again I suppose they only have the cleaner around for a few hours a day.
In spite of all the 5 star reviews I'm afraid I don't think this is a 5 star hotel. Having said that, I think 4 stars is very good, and this is a very good hotel. The staff are really very helpful. The location is amazing, right on the beach. I love hearing the crashing waves. I think it is a bit expensive for what it is.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Pez evokes the feeling of a private villa on the beach, with all the amenities of a small boutique hotel. Featuring six Luxury Cabanas, four Sea Front King Rooms and Two Sea View King Rooms, suitable for solo travelers, couples and families, El Pez is situated at picturesque Turtle Cove, where the Mayan fisherman and pelicans create a visually stunning seascape from the hotel balconies and around the hotel grounds. The setting is both intimate and romantic and a stunning backdrop for family gatherings & romantic getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your El Pez Colibri Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Pez At Turtle Cove Hotel Tulum
- Pez Ocean Palace Tulum