$264
$400
$349
$289
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $329/night.

$147
$119
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $141/night.

$143
$138
Cancelon
$725
$571
Orbitz.com
Papaya Playa Project(Tulum)(Great Value!)
$686
$594
1,045 results
All reviewsturtle covebeach houseluxury cabanaevery morninggranolajuan carlosconcierge stafffresh fruitla zebrasound of the wavesyour doorstepsister propertybeach frontour honeymoonincluded breakfastfalling asleepspecial shout
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We just visited El Pez for 5 days for the 2nd time...just perfect..we love this place...The ambience,the setting,the food,the room,the staff..it could not be more perfect.
It truly is a very very special place.
Mike and Julia,the managers are absolutely outstanding...nothing is too much trouble.my luggage was lost in Puerto Rico along with my(stupidly on my part)prescriptions.Within hours of arriving on a Sunday,Mike and Julia had called the local Doctor and within 2 hours all my replacement medication was delivered to me..(Asthma by the way)..go beat that!!!!
We will spend many many more times at El Pez
Derek and Ellie..Naples, Florida

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
ElPezTulum, Manager at El Pez Colibri Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Derek & Ellie!!

Thank you both so much for coming to see us again AND writing such a sweet review! As always, it was our pleasure to have you here. We were so happy to hear that you enjoyed it just as much the second time around! :) We were glad we could help with your medication too-anything to make your stay more relaxing & enjoyable-you deserve it. We are already looking forward to your return in May!!! (If we don't see you in Naples before!)

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Wow - where to start! We could rave on and on about this little gem. Our first time to Mexico and our first stop was El Pez. We stayed for 4 nights from 22nd oct. On arrival we were greeted by Julia, Michael and Derrick. They were so welcoming and friendly, we instantly felt right at home! Every staff member was so friendly and went above and beyond to make our stay just perfect. The location is great, the view is out of this world, the breakfast is delicious, the pool is a fab little escape from the sand and ocean! Our room was huge and always so clean, restocked with fresh beach towels and plenty of water. We didn't want to leave this paradise and we will definitely be visiting again!!!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Hey Nikki!

We really enjoyed reading your review! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We were so happy to hear that we helped make your first visit to Mexico a pleasurable one & hope that you are able to visit us again very soon!

Best Regards,

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed at El Pez with my boyfriend for five nights from October 19th-24th. It was very relaxing. Room 3 was amazing. Our view couldn't be beat. The little cove beach it's located on is not for swimming but it is beautiful to look at. The waves, the birds, the fishermen every evening, were so quaint and relaxing. A nice beach is a short walk south of the cove. The staff was super friendly. Antonio,Derrick,Lauren were all great. Antonio even made me a strong drink right before my flight home, which helped with airport stress :) The food was yummy whenever we ate at the hotel. I loved the breakfast granola so hard. The whole feeling was very laid back but by no means was the staff lazy. They tried hard to get us anything we wanted. I'd go back in a second. I felt safe because there is a police beach road patrol point right next to the hotel. Our cleaning lady was great. She'd get all the sand we dragged in and leave the room beautiful. Drinking champagne by candlelight on the balcony was a highlight because at night there are so many stars and great ocean breeze. A very sweet hotel.

-Christine V.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank ChristineMercedes

Hi Christine!

Thank you so much for your review! We are so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. The staff truly appreciates your mention of them & the excellent service they provide. We hope that you are able to visit us again & enjoy the delicous homemade granola you loved!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights last week with friends and it was just the most incredible and relaxing time. The location really makes this hotel: the beach on your doorstep, hearing the waves whilst you fall asleep and watching the pelicans, fisherman and sunrise. It was certainly a memorable stay which will be stuck in my memory for a long time.

This hotel has amazing hippie charm. The free welcoming cocktail was very appreciated - (cocohito - try it, it's delicious!). The rooms are simple but chic and I totally loved showering in sea water. The hotel leaves bottles water in your room for drinking and washing your teeth (tap water also sea water). The ceiling fans relatively worked well at keeping the room cool in the lack A/C. Apparently this is the most 'advance' hotel on this strip of Tulum beach and even with it's hippie chic, it had the feel of a boutique hotel. The location is great and in good proximity to other beach bars and restaurants.

We didn't chat a lot to the staff, but they we indeed very friendly and helped with recommendations for local activities and offering us free tickets to a local club. Breakfast was painfully slow - even with only a few people eating, the service was snail pace. Not that you want to rush in this gorgeous place, but to wait 10 minutes just for juice and sliced fruit... They do make eggs as you like them and have a limited selection of Mexican and american breakfast dishes, but the staff are friendly as they slowly take your order and bring it to you.

We ate at the restaurant once for dinner and it was pretty much empty every night we stayed. The menu is very limited, basic and very expensive compared to the other local restaurants. I ordered chicken nachos (which I had eaten for lunch on another day and was perfectly fine) but on this evening they were pretty gross with everything slopped on top making the nachos very soggy and inedible. They kindly didn't charge me for it. Basically, people do stay there for the restaurant, but it has sooooo many other plus points!

The beach directly in front is too rocky to swim, but a short 5 mins walk south leads you to the most beautiful beach with warm, calm & clear waters where we even snorkelled and saw lots of great fish just 10 meters from the shore!!

Only downside of my stay was that one day the cleaner not only forgot to lock my (beach facing!) room, but she left the master keys for all the other rooms in my unlocked room. Needless to say I was very disappointed, but the Manager was very apologetic. Luckily nothing was missing from my room. Normally I would have been really crazy angry but, luckily for the hotel, the atmosphere made me so relaxed, I could not just get angry!!

I would recommend El Pez to everyone. It was just stunning. Worth it just for the sunrise!!

Room Tip: I had the bottom sea front room nearest the kitchen. It was totally amazing to be able to walk directly out onto the beach in your pyjamas! But I could sometimes hear kitchen noises at night. My room had a nice, but quite strong, scent from an oil room freshener (which my friend's room did not have), so I can only imagine that it was to mask the kitchen smell, which it successfully did.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank kitschlyns

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We really appreciate your feedback and were very happy to hear you found El Pez so relaxing. We enjoyed the beautiful pics you posted as well-thank you!

Michael & Julia

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I wrote a review of El Pez and deleted it. Everything great about this hotel has already been stated in numerous reviews, but somehow they still dont capture the experience we had.

Yes, El Pez is located perfectly in the middle of Tulum on a scenic point with the best views of the Tulum Coast. The rooms are spacious, clean, and open to a beautiful ocean breeze. The restaurant serves an amazing breakfast included with the room. The fresh fruit, yogurt, and granola gave a great start to every beach day.

The real jewel of this property is the staff. Julia and Michael lead an amazing staff that will literally cater to your whims. Wilbur, from the bar, brought food to us in the room when i injured myself. Derek, at the front desk, booked an entire day trip to the Coba Ruins and Grand Cenote with a driver that took us to lunch. Derek also rented bikes for us and had them waiting downstairs when we woke. Wilbur and the bar staff serve you breakfast every morning and will pamper you with their famous Cocojitos each evening.

I have read the other reviews as you have/ or will and would like to clarify a few statements form my point of view.

Yes, there is seaweed on the beach some mornings, and yes all the other hotels have it as well. In Tulum you can not legally remove seaweed from the beach, so all the hotels regularly rake the beach and bury the seaweed to rebuild the coast. I found that pretty common up and down the beach. It was though, amazing to see Michael do it himself on several occasions.

Also as stated in other reviews, the beach and coast behind El Pez is point with amazing views and a natural bay, but being a natural point and bay there are rocks in the water. As stated, its a five minute stroll down the beach to the right and you find nothing but sand. In my personal opinion, i would trade the view for anything.

I would also highly recommend bikes for your entire stay. No matter your exercise level bikes can get you to any point on the beach in minutes, the roads are flat and we peddled to both ends of the beach with ease.

Again, i could go on for days about the staff, accommodations, and destinations, but nothing says more than " I would rebook this trip in an instant, and think about doing it daily". I am planning to return yearly..........

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nativenat2012
ElPezTulum, Manager at El Pez Colibri Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Hey Nat!

Thank you & Lora for both writing stellar reviews! We were beyond thrilled to see the title "El Pez Staff made our Honeymoon"! That is the best compliment we could hear. We really appreciate you mentioning and clarifying the seaweed situation too. It is nice for other travelers to hear that from another guest's perspective. We also really enjoyed all of the beautiful pics you guys posted! It was wonderful getting to know you both and we are looking forward to your yearly return. Hope to see you again soon!