$233
$143
$178
$131
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $151/night.

$219
$192
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $268/night.

$408
$359
$139
$119
$757
Azulik(Tulum)
$600
1,045 results
All reviewsturtle covebeach houseluxury cabanaevery morninggranolajuan carlosconcierge stafffresh fruitla zebrasound of the wavesyour doorstepsister propertybeach frontour honeymoonincluded breakfastfalling asleepspecial shout
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I have to agree with the other reviews of this place--El Pez is the best. I've been lucky enough to stay there twice and though it was great the first time it's even better now. The location and scale of the hotel are it's best features. You're roughly 20 feet from the ocean which provides a beautiful setting and with only 12 rooms you feel like you have the place to yourself plus a few friends.

The rooms are great--a nice size and with very comfortable beds. The shower didn't have hot water the entire week we we're there, but it was 90 degrees and humid outside so it was better that way. I loved the breakfasts--which were different every day but always delicious. The staff is really nice and fun to talk to. It's a really casual vibe there which fits with Tulum in general.

The beach bar right next to Pez is also an amazing place to hang out for casual dinner and drinks. We pretty much finished up every evening there and then walked the 20 steps back to the room.

My only complaint was that it can be fricking hot in Tulum which can make it difficult to sleep. But, that's more of a problem between me and the weather gods than Pez itself. The beach in front of the hotel is also rocky, but it's a 5 minute walk to an endless stretch of beach right next to Turtle cove.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Mark S
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I was lucky enough to stay at this hotel for a week of bliss. The hotel is located literally right on the beach, providing beautiful background noise of the ocean daily. With only 12 rooms, you receive wonderfully personalized service and feel as though you are part of the "family." The rooms are perfectly quaint, with large comfortable beds, and beautiful views of the cove from the expansive deck. The staff were incredibly friendly and make you feel like you're right at home, serving an amazing breakfast spread every day! They were also a great resource for planning outings while visiting and recommended some great restaurants and cenotes to visit. The vibe of Tulum is incredibly relaxed and a nice departure from other Mexico destinations. I look forward to visiting the hotel and Tulum again very soon. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1 which had a beautiful view of the ocean and the jungle.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank BuffTraveler
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Best wishes to are hostess Ashley at El Pez. My girlfriend and I needed a last minute escape for the hustle and bustle of Playa. We called Ashley at El Pez, on short notice she made everything work just right. The rooms were spacious and gorgeous, and only a rock's throw from the water. The sun rose on our bed in the mornings as the gentle waves awoke us-magical.

Room Tip: Ask for the full ocean view, however all of the rooms are great.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2011

My husband and I spent part of our honeymoon at El Pez at Turtle Cove in Tulum, Mexico.We greatly enjoyed our experience overall.

Our room: Our room walked directly out to the beach, providing exquisite views of the Caribbean Ocean and rocky terrain of the cove on which the hotel lies.The room itself had a peculiar and at first noxious smell of vinegar, though it was mostly noticeable when you first walked inside.It was quite clean with regular maid service. It felt safe and well-maintained. However, our room location on the beach and climate outside perhaps contributed to the high humidity in the room. The room had a porch and sitting area in a small garden out front, looking out at the ocean. The set up was absolutely charming. The rooms were not that large but quite sufficient for what we needed. They were modestly but regionally decorated and truly provided a get away to Mexico feeling: no TV, ocean blue adobe-like walls, a bottle of tequila and bottles of water waiting for us in the room. We spent our days out and about visiting the nearby sites, so we were only in our room to sleep and bathe. As a result, the room was perfect. I am not sure we would have enjoyed hanging out in the room all day if it was raining. The rooms were also quite affordable.

The Hotel: The Hotel property is adorable and well-maintained. It has a great pool outside overlooking the ocean, which is lovely at night under the stars. The staff is wonderful, very friendly and approachable. The owners get to know their guests and accommodate whatever needs guests may have. A delicious breakfast of fruit, grains (yogurt/granola), and then eggs is served complimentary with your stay. It has an incredibly peaceful and relaxing location and ambiance.

The beach outside of the hotel: While not a beach suitable for spending your day lounging, it is peaceful, beautiful and gives the impression you are on a secluded island. Just on either side of the small cove are larger beaches perfect for spending your day laying out, filled with bungalows and small inns by the sea much like El Pez. Many have quaint beach bars, adding to the laid back, quaint, but fun atmosphere of Tulum. El Pez also has a great bar/restaurant next door, which has a dance party every Friday night. (I think every Friday night, though cannot remember with certainty).

I would highly recommend El Pez to anyone looking to relax and escape.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
PezManager, General Manager at El Pez Colibri Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2011

Thank you for your review. It is always a pleasure to have honeymooners here!
We do use vinegar to clean the rooms as we are against using harsh chemicals. I apologize that there was a smell from it.
Thank you for the kind words and thanks for recommending us. We look forward to seeing you again for your anniversary ;-)

Reviewed October 9, 2011

I had the pleasure of staying here for one week. The staff, notably Ashley and Danny, treat you as good friends being welcomed in their home. The proximity of the rooms to the beach is incredible... 20 feet or so from the crashing waves. My friends and I bought wine every few days from the San Francisco market downtown and pez kept it chilled for us so we always had cold wine on hand. When we were thirsty for tropical drinks or hungry for a snack, sandbar was steps away to satisfy our cravings. A gorgeous breakfast spread was included...a great way to kick off each day. I liked staying in a downstairs room, as access to the beach is quick! If you enjoy more of a personal atmosphere when traveling I highly recommend Pez!

• Stayed: September 2011