TripAdvisor
Tulum
Post
Inbox
Search

“You must find this hidden gem! ”

Restaurante Estrada
Ranked #150 of 590 Restaurants in Tulum
Description: A small family owned restaurant operated by one of Tulum`s pionerring families. Fishermen by trade, they were raised in the Carribean Sea and offer the freshest seafood in the región. An experience you won`t soon forget, Restaurant Estrada is quite literally the best Tulum has to offer when it comes to seafood.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Our concierge Eloisa at our hotel recommend we eat here. We were looking for a local place in Tulum town. It is off the beaten path, but it was one of my favorite, most authentic meals we ate while in Tulum. My husband and I both had the fried fish, it came with fresh warm tortillas, black beans and rice. The fish was Snapper and caught fresh. You could definitely tell, it was delicious!! We will definitely go there again when visiting Tulum!
Mucho gracias

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank rhiannon09
Write a reviewReviews (27)

Reviewed July 4, 2019

A little off the beaten path. A few blocks off the strip. So glad we found the Estrada! I asked how fresh was the fish. The waiter took me back in the kitchen and showed a cooler full of Red Snapper. The guy was cleaning it on the spot. I had the Fillet of Snapper grilled with garlic sauce. Outstanding!! We started with the small Shrimp Ceviche. It was enormous and good. Some of the best guacamole and pico I've ever had. The have super cold beer and soft drinks. Plastic tables and chairs. Go for the food and you'll go back.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed May 4, 2019

My gf and i were craving some seafood so we walked to Estrada and ordered the fried fish. 10 minutes after a friendly chat with the waiter a massive fried snapper was placed on our table. The fish was fried to perfection with multiple delicious sides that accompanied the entree. My girlfriend and i spent 7 days in Mexico and both agreed that this was the best meal we ate and at an extremely reasonable price. We will highly recommend Estrada to our friends. After our meal, a gentleman (maybe the manager/owner?) swung by our table to ask how our food was. He continued to tell us that the restaurant is operated by fisherman, the fish caught the morning of meal service, and never frozen. We were invited to the back kitchen to see a cooler full of fresh fish on ice that looked as delicious as the one in our stomachs!

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed April 15, 2019 via mobile

Best seafood I had in Tulum! Staff is nice and food is freshly made and a very nice and Mexican atmosphere

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 21, 2019

It's a no-frills kind of place with good food and good service. One of the must-try places in Tulum for sure.

We must have had our best meal in Tulum here. We got there just as they opened so we were the only diners. We got 2 whole fish - one fried, one grilled. Both were delicious and tasted fresh. One fish is big enough to share but we wanted to try both ways of cooking.

They have free wifi. Our server entered the password himself on our phone instead of giving us the password.

Date of visit: February 2019