“A great getaway”
Review of Posada Yum Kin

Posada Yum Kin
Ranked #24 of 101 Hotels in Tulum
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I had a great time with my friends staying here in this beautiful place. The staff was really nice and welcoming and we appreciated all their service. The pool was relaxing, our room was comfortable, and the breakfast was fresh and delicious. I'm pretty much an easy going person when traveling and I found this place suited my needs, as well as my friends. The location was just fine, not too far from the beaches, just a quick cab ride, though some might think it's not ideal, we had no problem. I would recommend anyone to stay here for a relaxing vacation.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank VicB86

Reviewed March 8, 2013

My friends and I had such a great experience at this hotel. We spent a week there and found the staff to be very friendly and accomodating. The service was top notch. The rooms were very clean and quiet as well. If in the area...we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank AmyK333
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We just spent a week at the fantastic Yum Kin. All positive reviews here at Trip advisor were correct, so we're really glad we booked the stay. The breakfast by the pool was the perfect start to every day, the staff really friendly and our room #7 was perfectly located.

Yum Kin's location might seem a bit off, but the walk down to the main street only took 5-10 min (with kids), and the cab drive down to the beaches went really fast too. We really liked the little village with all the small restaurants and shops. Plan to go back asap!

Room Tip: Number 7 was perfect for our family of four (two adults, two children).
1  Thank Olle69
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We spent five days at Posada Yum KIn and we had a very nice time and the service level is very good. You should be aware of the fact that the hotel is located somewhat of the beaten track, but I think that this is an advantage and it only takes about 10-15 minutes to walk to the town centre and the cost of a taxi is about 35 pesos into town and 70 down to the beaches.
The breakfast is good, with both hot and cold dishes and lots of fruit and fresh orange juice, but the the coffee did not appeal to me, so if you are a coffee lover, maybe you should bring your own.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

My family and I found Posada Yum Kin to be just the right fit for our stay in Tulum. Ricardo was quite helpful in assisting us with all our needs and answering our questions. The hotel’s location on the dead end street was a welcome relief from the hustle and bustle of Av Tulum. Our family took advantage of the bikes available for $5.00 per day and used this as our primary source of transportation in and around Tulum. The trip to the main street (Av Tulum) was no more than 5 min and to the beach only another 15 to 20 minutes. We particularly enjoyed the jungle like ambiance within the hotel‘s foyer and the unique spiral staircase on the way to the pool. We slept in a couple of rooms during our stay and found the lighting to be a little tough on the eyes when trying to read. A drying rack for hanging towels and wet suits would be a nice addition to room number 4 especially for a family with 3 kids. I would have no hesitations recommending this hotel to my own mother, close friend, or fellow traveler.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

My daughter and I just got back from 2 weeks here and can't wait to come back. It is a beautiful and relaxing, peaceful place. My daughter loved the pool. The rooms are clean and spacious which helps with a teenager. The Staff were very helpful and friendly. Downtown was only a 15 minute walk which was very pleasant. Breakfast by the pool was a dream. The bike rental is a great option and a load of fun.
We will be back soon rather than later. Thank you for a wonderful holiday experience!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 14, 2013

The Posada Yum Kin was beautifully decorated with Mexican tile and wood throughout. Very Clean. The pool was very nice. One thing that I really appreciated was the water cooler in the room. Breakfast was good with french toast, eggs, fruit, breads, juice and coffee. Could not ask for more. Free internet acess. There was a little problem with a barking dog at night, but the owner said that she would be taking care of that. It is a little walk to the restaurants and I think you should have a car to reach the public beach.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple