Open today: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Best freediving in Mexico

I joined two freediving sessions with Estebane and loved everything about it. Everybody was super... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Sarah F
via mobile
Caver and Cave diving in Tulum

I have been coming back to this dive shop for the last 16 years. The experience of cave diving with... read more

Reviewed September 25, 2018
Adam D

All reviews dive shop dos ojos diving experience high quality gear cave diving skill level awesome dives beautiful rock formations free diving open water dives these guys car wash great diving snorkeling equipment a lot of fun an amazing experience alex
Reviewed March 3, 2018

Snorkeling yesterday was amazing! Super experience with Auatic Tulum! I highly recommend them! Patient and helpful instructor coupled with great cenotes destinations!
I am addicted!

Date of experience: March 2018
AcuaticTribal, Owner at Acuatic Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2018

Thanks so much for commenting, for being with us and for having a big yoga and dive/snorkel adventure!!
Hope to see you here again soon! That is the most dangerous thing about Tulum, it can be addictive!
Om Peace
Acuatic / Tribal Team

Reviewed February 28, 2018

Our time diving with Acuatic Tulum really left a stain over our diving experience. Really, everything was bad.
It started a day before the scheduled dive, when we purchased a package of 3 dives. When we came prepared and excited the day after, the guide at the counter (who was our diving guide later on) told us it's not recommended to dive 3 times a day, and the price we got was for experts (meaning, we should pay more). We explained that the guy who sold us the package didn't warn us from taking 3 dives, and he knew we're beginners. He didn't make any effort to understand the situation and called the owner of the place, who was very nice and understood the situation, but then said "so the other guy will pay the gap"- who says that?! it made us feel very uncomfortable. we agreed having only 2 dives instead.
We went with the guide for some training. he didn't make any effort to be nice, and we felt we need to please him somehow.
When we entered the cenote we tried practicing the 3 exercises he taught us. I wasn't doing so well with balancing, and the guide just gave up very quickly trying to show me how to do it correctly. Needless to say I have no experience with diving and another minute or 2 would probably covered my gap.
Anyways we went on diving. during the dive I couldn't balance and i found myself many times floating above the guide, who tried very impatiently to pull me down. when I managed to be on the ground, I felt so insecure and didn't enjoy my time diving, but just worried i might be floating up again and piss off the guide. My partner and I also noticed he wasn't even looking at us so frequently (we were swimming behind him) and we could easily get lost.
After the first dive we were quite exhausted and the second one came right after, with no time to rest.
The guide saw that I'm wondering if shall I join to the second one, and told me that in the second site, I mustn't float there- like it was my fault! and then he suggested maybe to switch the second dive with a diving course. I felt like he's trying to pursue me to give up the dive and I felt like i don't want to continue when I don't trust the guide and don't feel comfortable with him. I gave up the second dive, he didn't even offer a refund.
My husband went on the second dive, he has more experience than me, and said that it was a much more challenging site, with many canyons and narrow rocks to swim inbetween, and the guide never turn his head to look at him! something could easily happen and he could've get lost and the guide would never notice. He wanted to go back home so bad.

Date of experience: January 2018
AcuaticTribal, Owner at Acuatic Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2018

Dear Karen,

I am horrified that you had this experience and want to correct things on our end. If you can please give me the details of your dive, the date and the name of the guide. We have looked through all our bookings and cannot find your safety sheet where you detail your medical history and names and the date of your dive. Each client fills one out and we do not have any with the name of Karen.

At Acuatic Tulum we pride ourselves on our attention to clients and in particular our safety record. Our resolve is to treat each client with respect and attention and assure a great diving experience. If you can help us isolate the day you were diving and the guide, we can better address the situation.

Thank you so much for your attention in input.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed February 21, 2018

We stayed at Alex's airbnb in Tulum and did two cavern dives at Cenotes dos Ojos with his nephew and we had a wonderful time. His nephew was very professional and knowledgeable and the dives were some of the best we've ever done. We highly recommend Dos Ojos--its so unique and beautiful!!

Date of experience: January 2018
AcuaticTribal, Owner at Acuatic Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2018

Thanks Taryne,

We loved having you - both here and at the house. Thanks for the comments and we hope you can come dive with us again.

Saludos
The Acuatic Team

Reviewed January 26, 2018

I LOVED our diving with acuatic tulum - alex the owner is super friendly and professional and we had the dive of our life in Dos Ojos. Would dive with them again in a heartbeat.

1  Thank Lucas P
Reviewed January 6, 2018

Did two dives and Alex turned out to be very professional, easy going and very passionate towards his clients.
Really liked it and would recommend it!

Date of experience: November 2017