“crazy for chile!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Tulum, Mexico
“crazy for chile!”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Have you ever tryied a "chile enogada" ? no? do it!
experience this new flavour from cnter mexico.
The chef cook great and they give you a welcome with a taste of little wonder marmelade,cheese butter and bead home made that are amazing!
It is a kind of dinner you need to try,not daily since dishes are very elaborated and can be heavy for
who is used to lighter cousine but..
you need to enjoy at least once in your holiday in tulum!

• Visited November 2013

“Awesome”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

The Tamarind Margarita, the appy's,the mole's and dessert all awesome. Don't miss out on this fine dining experience.

Visited January 2014
Youngstown, Ohio
“Great final act for our trip to Tulum”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We capped off our week in Tulum with dinner at Cetli, a charming small restaurant, for a modern take on classic Yucatecan food. Fresh flavorful and creative preparations all around. I loved the pepper stuffed with the black corn fungus I've heard about but never tried before, served with a marvelous mole sauce. Others in the group had almond mole with a cheese tortilla; and chicken in chili jelly sauce. Fresh salad of spinach and various citrus fruits was refreshing. Nice touches included the special beverage: a tamarind margarita; an included appetizer of a unique bread, cheese with beet jelly, etc. all unusual and excellent. Fine desserts were a bread pudding and a corn cake with a wonderful mocha and Kahlua sauce. Cetli outshown anything we have experienced in Mexico and the price is a bargain for great cuisine: $200 for five of us, including drinks and service. And we left with artfully wrapped mini gift boxes with an almond candy I can't describe but was wonderful.

• Visited January 2014
“Best Meal in Riviera Maya”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

It has taken me too long to get to this review, since I went there last March with my two teenage daughters. It was the best meal I had in Mexico. I have to say I don't remember all the food we had since it has been too long, but the Tamarind margarita I had was one of the most delicious I have ever had. The rim of the glass was coated with delicious herbs and chili powder.

The setting is magical. It is on a not so nice street in Tulum Pueblo, but you are transported once inside. I felt like Frido Kahlo could have sat down beside me and I would not have been surprised.

• Visited March 2013
New Orleans
“Excellent meal”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Cetli is a sweet little restaurant with great, authentic dishes. Chef Claudia prepares beautiful authentic dishes, and is generous with her talent. To start, she offered a delicious tamarind margarita, and an appetizer sampling of gourmet spins on local favorites. To follow, each entree was delightful- flavorful and delicate, and amazingly fresh. Great atmosphere, good service.

• Visited December 2013