“Great Restaurant On the the Beach in Tulum!”

OM Tulum Restaurant and Beach Club
Ranked #155 of 413 Restaurants in Tulum
Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I was beginning to think that most of the restaurants were about the same with that beach view that we are all looking for, with medicore overpriced food , so Om Tulum was a great find! I was staying down the road, so after a nice bike road down through the quiet town of Tulum, I came upon OM...it had gotten some great reviews here..( thanks trip advisor!) its a great life saver when you are traveling anywhere, since other search engines dont work out of the country! Right away when you walk on to the property, you will feel and see the very Zen aptmosphere, as a beautiful Budda greets you as you walk in. I sat on the open air patio overloooking the beach, and it was a quiet lunch hour when i was there, and the staff was very nice and helpful in making my decision on lunch, great service! I choose the fish tacos, they were awesome, and so was my bannana shake :) The prices are really reasonable for tulum, and the quality and portions are fantastic for a beach side restaurant! Also, i dropped my bike key while I was walking in, and one of the honest employees found it and placed it in my bike basket so it was waiting for me when i came back! Thanks so much! I look forward to eating there again on my next visit!

1  Thank elizacass
There are newer reviews for OM Tulum Restaurant and Beach Club

Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Went twice to Om. First time was amazing, great food, great service from the lovely gentleman. We had Om pizza and it was a killer, tuna tartar was a killer, drinks were great and the ambiance was super sexy and relaxing, so we thought we had to come back before we go back home. Came second time...completely opposite! The girl who was "serving" us was completely clueless. It took 30 to 40 min to get our drinks! Notice, there is only one other table beside us! And the beach is not super croweded! My bf ordered non alcoholic pina colada, well, he got a regular one. I had to go to the kitchen area and ask if the appetizer ever going to come, because it been over an hour, we are done with the drinks and super hungry...shall we just leave? They said they will check...it ot coming soon! ok, we are waiting..where the girl was? I have no clue...nowhere to be found...when i had to go , asked for a beer..2hours after coming. The girl brings the beer..no lime though...i go back for the lime. She is nowhere to be found as always... We are wasting time...food was not even there yet..finally she brings food...appetizer and pizza , all at once. Well, we are kind of happy to see it...oops, no plates...no forks...she is somewhere... I go again for the plates this time. Ready to scream at her...she is hanging out at the bar section. The guy who was helping us first time, came to appologize for the service and asked if everything was ok now...he saved it! At least someone was nice...the pizza was not as good this time either, was not done well and not as crunchy crusty as before..we ate it...its been three hours of a simple lunch... We could have done something more fun! Oh well..not coming back..may be dinners are better? And ghe tip is already addded...The nice server at least was there night time...such a pretty place! Om hire some good staff!

4  Thank 209Elena
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Good drinks fun staff. We stayed at Casa de Las Olas (2 km down the beach). There was always a party in progress.

Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

This is a decent little spot that serves a similar menu to plenty of other places on the beach at similar prices. However, it is the service and atmosphere that make the place. We went several times just to be in the surroundings. Staff are friendly, can't do enough for you and are happy to chat. Yeah, the pizza is good but you're in Mexico, not Naples. Try the guacamole instead!
Oh, and if you're really lucky you might catch a baby turtle wandering about the sand after dark.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

On our first full day in Tulum, we came by for some pizza. It was walking distance from our rental house and pizza is a favorite for us. We ordered a couple of pina coladas, guacamole and chips,and a cheese, spinach, and proscuitto pizza. This was very good, excellent really. Loved the atmosphere here. Beach music, red drapes...unique decor. Service was provided by a nice gal, and she was friendly and attentive for being quite busy.

We came back a second time at the end of our two weeks to have pizza again. This time, the pizza was still great, but the service was very lacking. The young man, while the place was not very busy, didn't seem to be very organized. While drinks were two for one, he said he wasn't going to give us two drinks in two small glasses, but instead would give us one large glass. Two drinks in one, I guess. This seemed like a rip-off as the plastic glasses we were served in were no bigger than the drinks we were served the first time here. They were your typcial plastic soda pop cup. Maybe he just didn't want to make four drinks, as two is easier. It didn't sit well with me and he came off as very disinterested in us or the job.

Service always changes everything, even if the food is really good. Hopefully this young man gets a tip from management about not changing the drink policy and being a bit more organized and attentive to guests. Would have been an excellent rating without him....but I still recommend this restaurant for the food...