“Excellent Ambiance and Food”
Review of Hechizo - CLOSED

Hechizo
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We live in the Riverva Maya in the winter months so we have experience many of the top restaurants in the area. This is one of the best. The service and the blending of the different flavors was outstanding. We start with two different salad, watermelon with goat cheese and roasted beets with blue cheese. Both were excellent. We then split a scallop starter that was light but had many different flavors blended together. I had the Ahi tuna and my wife had the red snapper. Both of these dishes were also excellent. We order two different desserts, Chocolate Fondant and the Almond cake. For the chocolate lover the dark chocolate flavor was intense but delightful. The Almond cake was lighter but had a wonderful blend of the cinnamom, clove, almond and apricot.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

We had an incredible dinner. The black cod was unbelievable. The salad and salmon appetizer with a fresh poached egg were delicious as well. We will be back...

1  Thank Zelgamm
Reviewed March 26, 2014

5 ladies in Tulum last Christmas eve, (2012) hoping to east at Hechizo. I call to find out where it is and they ask, "do you have a reservation?" I think to myself, "HAHAHA! A reservation in Mexico?!" And say, "No, I didn't know we would need one." They ask how many we have in our party and then I inquired about whether or not it was only a special menu or if ala cart was available, as one of our pals didn't have money for an extravagant dinner. They told us to come at 8 and that while they had a special menu, the chef would accommodate us. It was so awesome. We all enjoyed the multi course meal, with smaller portions, and then a full portion dessert for each of us. It was one of the better dining experiences I've had. The grounds and the restaurant are beautiful, the service impeccable. (Napkins back on your lap, when you leave/return from the table.) I can't think of one good reason to not go to this restaurant.

1  Thank April D
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Simple, stylish and tasty food all with a Mexican twist. Best service we had in Tulum. Best scallops I've had in years. Head chef and owner Stefan adds to the experience by talking to every single guest, taking orders and knowing exactly what he's talking about. Not as cheap as some of the other beachside places, but the nicest food by far so totally worth it. Great wine and cocktail selection. If you're a veggie they will cater for you.
If you're not having it as a main dish, then ask for a taster of the fettuccine with white truffles. It is to die for.
Off the beaten track and not crowded with tourists. My kind of place.

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

We stopped by to inquire about reservations and learned that the restaurant was fully booked for the remainder of our time in Tulum. After we departed, the chef was kind enough to find us on the beach and work us in during an early seating. The chef and staff were very pleasant and attentive. The dishes were imaginative and refined. We had a lovely meal and are very appreciative of the chef's commitment to a wonderful dining experience.