“An exceptional dinner experience”
Review of El Tabano

El Tabano
Ranked #73 of 413 Restaurants in Tulum
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Inmersed in a lushious garden in the jungle side, El Tábano is a favorite amongst neighbors and visitors alike. Serving homemade flavor infused with regional character, and a touch of the chefs personality into each dish- it is a true experience of all senses.Family warmth, exquisite taste, fresh and creative food prepared right in front of you . And if you like to take the recepies, just come into our kitchen and live the joy of cooking with us.The staff is always happy to share the secrets in exchange of a smile.
Reviewed April 12, 2013

The best meal we have had in ten days in Yucatan. Exceptional tastes, perfectly prepared, plus a fine collection of Mexican and Spanish wines. Fine and friendly service. Everyone who works there seems to share the feeling of being happy at their job. Topano is tops!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We ended up eating there pretty much every night since it was right across the street from our hotel that only served Italian food....
There were so many interesting dishes on the menu that we had plenty of choice despite of us being pescetarians (so don't eat meat but the occasional fish). We also enjoyed the open kitchen as well as the creative and cosy stile of the entire place.
Prices were average considering the expensive Mayan coast.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

The service and atmosphere were terrible- so snooty! I felt like I was trying to get into a club in the meatpacking district. Who needs that when you are in Tulum?

1  Thank gerritully
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

We had a chicken dish and a beer - all satisfactory and at a decent price. Nice to get away from the beach now and then, especially if it's a windy night. This place is at the road behind the beach hotels.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I read the Trip Advisor reviews about this place before i visited, so decided to give it a go. Two words NOT IMPRESSED.
Veggie options were lame, only 3! So decided to try the tamales. I asked the waitress about the meal and to be honest she wasnt very informative, but decided to give it a try (being a tradition Mayan dish) My meal came and i have to say it looked and tasted disgusting, basically it tasted of nothing so bland. It was meant to have veggies and beans in it?????
Asked the waiter to change my meal and talk about aggrogant attitude, saying to me ' look its not up for discussion i will change the meal'...... eh? i'm a paying (overpriced food) customer !! He thinks because hes had an mention in Marie Clare he can talk to customers like that!!
Anyway asked him not bring me an alternative as by the time it would arrive , my husband would have finished his meal so i cancelled my order. BTW my husband said his chicken dish in tomato sauce with rice was really tasty but really portion ( for the price).
So we asked for the bill and they had included my meal on it THE NERVE!! We paid the food we ate and left.
The atmosphere was subdued. I'd rather eat in Teetotum Hotel
Avenida Coba Sur Lote #2 | (Road to the Beach Before Chedraui Store), Tulum FOOD / QUALITY/ SERVICE AMAZING!!

1  Thank gillynic1