“Paradise!!!! Support eco-friendly travel!”

Dos Ceibas Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #213 of 387 Restaurants in Tulum
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Tempe, Arizona
“Paradise!!!! Support eco-friendly travel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

I traveled to Tulum with my very skeptical and nervous parents who heard bad things about Mexico. This was our first stop. It exceeded all of our expectations. THIS IS PARADISE!! Beautiful landscapes, hamacs, and the rooms are colorful, cozy bungalows!!! They offer deals for staying >3 nights so take advantage of them! Don't be dumb like us and leave after 3 days. Stay as long as possible! You won't regret it. The only negative thing I can say is that several other reviewers found the food at this hotel's restaurant less than great. I mean, if wasn't my favorite meal in Mexico during my vacation (we went to Merida, Cancun, and Chichen Itza, too) but their mole, banana wrapped fish and other fish dishes were pretty authentic and good quality. The free breakfast (for a >3 night stay) is papaya marmelade and bread! Yummy but not filling.

They had some live music at dinner which was a lot of fun. Also, their staff was super friendly and even offered us a free ride to the bus station. They are a big hippie family at this place so it was fun to be part of that atmosphere on our vacation.

The only other negative thing was that it was hard to be mindful of the ecochic style and not throw toilet paper into the toilet. That took practice. :) But overall, I ABSOLUTELY agree with being sustaible and "ecochic" as they call it in this area. This place cares about the environment and protects it by making sure you use only their biodegradable shower products and don't flush paper down the toilet. And they rightfully do this because the place is situated on the most gorgeous, clear beach ever and close to a protected bird and wildlife reserve. (Sian Ka'an - you must go there!!)

I am happy I gave them business because in this increasingly polluting world, WE NEED to MORE ECO-FRIENDLY businesses like this! Take it from me and my skeptical parents - don't let the bad comments about food steer you away from here. This place is BEYOND worth it for a hotel visit. And go to the nearby restaurants on the surrounding street if you are unsatisfied with the food at Dos Ceibas. There are some lovely places to eat around this entire area and most are walking distance both directions or take a 5 min taxi ride. And the restaurant is on THE SAND on the beach surrounded by palm trees! Paradise!!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Galaxz

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Review is for only restaurant and beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

We didn't stay at Dos Ceibas but our hotel's concierge recommended their beach to us. All I can say is "Wow." Not only were they welcoming to us beach-crashing their place, they even gave us a mini tour of the beautiful grounds. They make delicious food - the price was comparable to others locally - and are by far the most beautiful Mexican beach I've seen.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Jeffrey R
Calgary
“so disappointing!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stopped at Dos Ceibas for lunch one day in early March. Entered from the beach, so grabbed a seat- there were a few other tables with people. Waited a good 10 mins, no one came by, had to find someone and ask if we could have lunch. The food was beyond strange - ordered ceviche and asked for no onions...they served us literally shrimp only very bland - no avocado, tomato, cilantro etc.?? looked nothing like the picture posted by another reviewer. Ordered shrimp tacos and same thing ....just shrimp and tortillas, no flavor, no salsa! Was a very odd experience...think the cook just did not care.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank albertagirlcalgary
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Excellent dinner and breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

We were staying down the beach and decided to go here one night for dinner. We both ordered one of the fish entrees, and were thoroughly impressed. Both dishes came with a rather large fillet, mine with a mango sauce on top, and my girlfriend's with shrimp on top. The service was on the slow side, but who cares, we had nowhere to be. The server gave us our first round of drinks on happy hour pricing. This meal was probably top 3 of our entire 2 week Tulum visit. The food was so good, we decided to go back in the morning for breakfast. Breakfast here is very basic, but very good. Overall, I would highly recommend this place. You can walk in right off the beach and the atmosphere is very casual.

• Visited February 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

The atmosphere is beautiful and very romantic at night. We ordered the fish fillet with coconut shrimp and the fish fillet with mango sauce and both were equally fresh with excellent flavor. For the appetizer we had the pumpkin seed dip with tortilla chips which was really good too. We are already planning our next dinner there.

• Visited February 2013