“Friendly people, decent diving”
Review of Mexidivers Tulum

Mexidivers Tulum
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Mexi Divers is a dive shop in Tulum Mexico offering trips for scuba diving and snorkeling in the cenotes and coral reef of the riviera maya, aswell eco tours to the whale shark and fishing charters, sportfishing and fly fishing. Mexidivers is an innovative dive center focused on providing a safe and professional experience for those wishing to explore the Riviera Maya of Mexico. Located in the center of the hotel zone on the beach of Tulum, guests will find members of our family run business ready to take you on your next adventure. Whether it is exploring the world’s second largest barrier reef, one of the local cenotes or Mayan ruins, Mexidivers is fully equipped to meet your needs. Our shop is committed to preserving the natural environment and partnering with local agencies. Mexidivers is affiliated with PADI, SDI and TDI.
Washington DC
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Friendly people, decent diving”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We did a morning two tank dive with this shop and everything was well run. The equipment was waiting for us on the boat and was in good shape. We had 3 couples on our boat including us so we had one dive master. The first site we went to past the ruins was just OK. Not too big of a reef, but decent sea life. The second site more towards the hotel area was much better. Much larger reefs and more life. Both dives were a short boat ride away and you leave right in front of the shop which is nice. The price is a little more than we're used to paying ($100 pp) in the Carribean, but all of Tulum was the same. If you drive to playa del carmen or ferry to cozumel I'm sure it's a little cheaper.

Visited July 2014

“Very friendly and professional”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

This was my first SCUBA outing (not including my lessons) and it was a great experience. The staff was very friendly, knowledgeable, and professional.

Visited July 2014
Pacifica, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing Adventure”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I dove for four days with Mexi Divers and had a wonderful time. I had a variety dive guides (instructors) and loved them all. Each dive guide was knowledgeable and professional and I learned something new on every dive. Additionally, they all (dive guides and staff) have great personalities and I really enjoyed sharing each day with them--which is important because my husband doesn't dive so I'm alone on the boat. I did three days of coral dives and a day in the cenotes (I am new to cavern diving--I do recommend it). I enjoyed the deeper dives more, the current was strong at times but the beauty of what lie below was worth it! Through it all, I felt very well taken care of and informed.

*This is boat diving and I do recommend taking a Dramamine at least an hour before getting on the boat to stave off any possibility of sea sickness

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Priscilla S
Basel, Switzerland
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Impressive dive in the cenote but the instructor was not very professional”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We decided to dive with Mexi divers after a recommendation by another dive shop which didn`t have any free spaces on the short notice. I have mixed feelings about my experience.
Cenote diving is amazing; we had two dives in Dos Ojos. They were both very interesting however the second dive was quite short. The water was very clear and there were not too many people diving at the same time, so we were quite lucky. It is a totally different experience compared to open water diving and I am very happy that we did it.
I was not too happy about our dive instructor though. I am sure he really loves diving and when were driving to the place, he was talking quite enthusiastic about it. However, I really don`t think that he likes instructing and diving with other people. It was my first time ever diving in a cenote and first of all he didn`t talk through how we will do it. Before we started the first dive, he told us he will do air check in the middle of the cenote to avoid problems and also by this way inform us that we are half way though it. He never did it. I was there with half empty tank thinking there is probably still lots of way to go and I was starting to get panicked when I realized we are finished and he just forgot to do the check. He also wasn`t really checking us much. I think in open water this attention is less important but in the cenote it could lead to problems since it is not that easy to get out. After the dives, he didn`t even ask us if we enjoyed it. So I assume he either doesn`t like diving with people at all or else he was called to work on a day he really didn`t want to.

So if you are a diver with not too much experience, I would suggest you have a chat with the shop before you book it in order to make sure you experience no problems with the instructor. The water in the cenote is very clear but it is dark so even though you will have the torches, it is important to be properly guided by the instructor.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank xxrxx27
Eureka, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fun diving!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I was well taken care of, two different days of diving and had a great time! Everyone was professional and friendly. Thank you so much!

Visited January 2014