“Professional and ridiculously fun.”
Review of Mexidivers Tulum

Mexidivers Tulum
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Mexi Divers is a dive shop in Tulum Mexico offering trips for scuba diving and snorkeling in the cenotes and coral reef of the riviera maya, aswell eco tours to the whale shark and fishing charters, sportfishing and fly fishing. Mexidivers is an innovative dive center focused on providing a safe and professional experience for those wishing to explore the Riviera Maya of Mexico. Located in the center of the hotel zone on the beach of Tulum, guests will find members of our family run business ready to take you on your next adventure. Whether it is exploring the world’s second largest barrier reef, one of the local cenotes or Mayan ruins, Mexidivers is fully equipped to meet your needs. Our shop is committed to preserving the natural environment and partnering with local agencies. Mexidivers is affiliated with PADI, SDI and TDI.
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I went on three outings with Mexi-divers, all of which were very professional (not surprising, since they are affiliated with Zamas, a very tightly run, but laid back hotel). First, I went snorkeling outing on the reef, which was good, though the water was choppy (sea sick) and the reef was not particularly compelling from that vantage (I would recommend you skip the snorkeling, because the diving is amazing!)

The highlight of my *entire trip* had to have been the two dive trips I took with Mexi-divers. If you've never been diving and you are ambivalent about it, you must go. I had some trepidation about the risks of diving, but found myself calm and well taken care of in the hands of Mexi-divers' elite certified master diver, Nathan. As a beginner I was taken to Grand Cenote, which was an amazing natural environment, and ideal for a first dive: calm, shallow water, and not too many people. The guide was clearly extremely experienced, detail oriented, very personable, and patient. I was so excited at the end of this first dive I decided to try the coral reef again. I'm so glad I did: it was *spectacular* at a depth of 18 m, and so enjoyable when infused with the confidence gained from my first dive as well as the company of my overqualified guide. NOTE: If you do have a preference for your dive guide, make sure you make this very clear when you book your reservation, or you may be placed with a guide of their choice. Outstanding: highly recommended!

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"el pit"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We were in Tulum for our wedding and wanted to arrange a day trip to snorkel in a cenote for our guests. Alejandro came to our hotel the day before to meet us and then came a few hours before the trip the next day to meet our guests and collect their fees. He was so friendly and well organized. We had about 50 people going to the cenote and Alejandro made it easy and relaxing for all of us. When he found out it was our wedding weekend, he did a little something to make us feel special. We will definitely plan another trip with Mexi Divers in the future!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We dove Cenotes Angelito and Calavera with Nathan in November 2013. Nathan did a great job with the gear, guiding, and filling us in on local diving and geographical info. The Calavera dive was particularly epic. I would definitely dive with these guys again.
-Rusty and Kristy

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Wasn't expecting to like them, because they were located in the heart of the strip and I thought they would be overpriced. They will work with you slightly on price, especially if you work with them, and book a couple things. DO THE DOS OJOS! Roxi is a Great Dive Master. Dove the reef with them too! As a rescue diver with a reasonable amount of years of diving experience I was nervous to get corralled into a group of "tourists" but I have to say the combination of safety and freedom was just right. they let you do your thing within reason, and I never felt like i was being treated as a tourist. All in all I felt I got a GREAT Deal, and a VERY Memorable experience! Thanks Guys!

See more reviews
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We had researched fishing in Tulum before we arrived and had provisionally booked with another company that charged a lot for Mexico. Found Mexi Divers when I went out running one morning and asked them for some information, they were very professional and informative and I ended up booking with them for the following day. Prices are much more reasonable than what we had been quoted on the internet and the experience was fantastic. We wanted our two small kids to experience the joy of fishing and our guides were fantastic! They were both very young but very knowledgeable ! My husband caught a decent barracuda in the first 20 minutes and then they concentrated on giving the kids a really amazing experience...one of the guides spotted a big sucker fish and managed to get it on the line for the sole purpose of giving my 11 year old son the experience of bringing it in! The kids caught loads of fish , the edible ones they cleaned for us and the restaurant across the road, Zamas , cooked them beautifully ! it was magical being out on the sea in a super simple boat but with guides who really knew the area and were passionate about their job!!! Highly recommended !!