“Nothing more to wish for”
Review of Posada Margherita

Posada Margherita
Ranked #30 of 396 Restaurants in Tulum
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Paris, France
“Nothing more to wish for”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

During our stay in Tulum we were there 3 times because it was the best. The place is very beautiful, cosy and stylish. The owners and waiters are very nice, they come sit with you to explain the menu and make the alteration you wish for. The three times we were there my husbands had pasta, different each time and always delicious. I wanted simple fish, as I eat very light : they boiled it in sea water with aromas, it was one the best I ever had. And the vegetables very excellent too, with tomatoes inside : usually I'm happy when cooks just stick to what I ask for, but that the only time I had one trying to be inventive to make the meal better. Antipasti are free, desserts were good.
My advise : go, and then go again, because there is no better place to eat in Tulum

• Visited January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Stunning location and fantastic food”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Came here for dinner with wife and children (5 and 8) after being let down by Tulum ruins (they shut at 4.30pm, not 7 like our guide book said!). So we arrived relatively early, but went through the restaurant onto the stunning beach first - perhaps the most incredible, gorgeous beach I've ever been on. Like the West Highlands of Scotland, only with hot weather!
As we were all covered in sand at "eating time", I didn't feel comfortable going into the restaurant proper, but there's a fantastic, "relaxed" bench/table virtually on the beach which was perfect for the family. The hostess and serving staff were brilliant - very welcoming (as was the cash machine in the restaurant lobby - another "cash only" restaurant).
A lovely plate of breads/cheeses (and pistachio nuts) was served without asking and free of charge, kids shared a plain pasta dish, we had prawns (shrimps if you're American!) - I don't remember exactly what else we ate, but I do remember it was all stunningly fresh (at least in taste, if not in reality) with home-made pasta. No pizzas - which was a bit of a surprise - we'd assumed an Italian restaurant would have pizza for the kids, but they were *more* than happy with their pasta.
Cocktails were also fantastic. And strong! :)
For me, the combination of food, beach location and relaxed atmosphere made this the best restaurant/meal we had in Mexico!

Visited July 2014
Washington DC
“Our best meal in Tulum”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

The menu is small, but the atmosphere is awesome. Right on the beach. Great wine list and while a little pricier than most in Tulum the quality of the food is outstanding. Fresh pasta and wine, what's not to like? We got there on the early side so we had pick of our seats, but it did fill up by 730.

• Visited July 2014
Santa Barbara, California
“Great view, great food!”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

It felt like we had stepped right out of Mexico and into the Italian coast.

The food was amazing, and the appetizer of bread, cheese, and cauliflower beforehand was delicious.

Get there before 730pm, it was super busy when we left!

Visited July 2014
Quintana Roo, Mexico
“Outstanding experience”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We went to this funky beach front restaurant for our anniversary, I brought a bottle of wine that I had saved for this event. My first impression of the eclectic ambience and beautiful view was favorable. After being seated I was quoted a ridiculous corkage and opted to order from their wine list, instead of bringing the wine I ordered the manager stopped by to open my bottle and wave the corkage. Our server came back with a creative presentation of the menu, both of our meals were tremendous and service remained excellent throughout the evening. If you favor chain restaurants this is definitely not for you, if you enjoy truly good food made from the best ingredients you will love it.

• Visited June 2014