“Fantastic”
Review of Posada Margherita

Posada Margherita
Ranked #29 of 421 Restaurants in Tulum
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 15, 2013

It is a very busy place and well worth the wait. Great service and fish and pasta were excellent! Don't miss out on this eating experience.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Everyone is really nice, the food is delicious, there is a really nice vibe here. Breakfast is delicious, best coffee in Tulum for sure.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

This place was amazing. It has delicous food and everyone was so friendly. Real hipster place. Going to go back several times on our next visit. We discovered it our last night!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Two of us stopped in for lunch today, found it on Trip Advisory. We split a delicious simple roma tomato pasta with fresh fettucini, and a perfectly poached red snapper - poached in some sea water - it was perfect. Two small bottles of Pellegrino. Nice setting on the beach, beautiful view. Pricey - $52.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Posada Margherita is a must while visiting Tulum. This was my first trip here, and we went to different restaurants every day for lunch and dinner during a 10-day visit. Posada Margherita stood out both because of the great pasta (after many days of guacomole, tortillas, seafood and lime it felt strangely exotic with a simple pasta dish...) and the fact that it feels more trendy and "happening" than other restaurants in the area.
We went on a Tuesday night and had to sit and wait a little while for a table, zipping on a cocktail (ok drinks, but nothing special). During our wait the Italian owner (I think?) came and explained the menu in a quick, yet elaborate way. Great cuz we knew right away what to order when our table was ready. Overall the staff had a nice personal touch and came with good suggestions( on a very busy night!). My pasta was just fresh pasta, tomatoes, basil, wine and garlic but it was soo flavourful and frankly, one of the best pastas I've ever eaten at a restaurant. Perfectly seasoned and with a nice richness to the tomatoes. I had a great glass of malbec with my food, one of two red wines they offered by the glass.
After the main course we were really excited for dessert, we settled on a mix of chocolate and pistacho gelato and tiramisu. The gelato was very tasty, too bad the tiramisu was really bad. I've eaten loads of tiramisus in my lifetime and this just didn't taste right, I'm not even sure it was real mascarpone cheese. Well, get the gelato instead!
*I'm not sure if it was a one-time thing but we also got our share of celebrity spotting - Orlando Bloom and wifey Miranda Kerr sat just a couple off tables away from us :)