“good italian”
Review of Posada Margherita

Posada Margherita
Ranked #30 of 413 Restaurants in Tulum
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 16, 2012

good food, nice service, good looking, pros and gentle. if you have next to you a large group of american they might make a lot of noise to pretend they are happy. but there is a mixed crowd of european young and old and you will spend a great evening.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We got there a bit late for local standards, it seems, about 9 p.m, but the staff was very kind to us. As we had to be quick to make a decision I went for one of the restaurant's specialties, the fish with lemon sauce cooked in sea water or something like that. It is quite a big meal ...the fish melts in your mouth and the rice that comes with it, is to die for! My husband had the pasta with broccoli and found it delicious, too.
Anyways, just make sure you do not skip the garlic bread and other yummy stuff they bring as starters. My mouth still waters when I think about that bread. Good wine selection, great location...Do not miss it!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We were just in Tulum last weekend and ate at Posada Margherita once for dinner. I was very excited walking up the path from the road surrounded by beautiful vegetation and candle light. Upon entering the restaurant I was equally excited as it has a very welcoming look. Hip yet comfortable. Good ambiance. Nice music. After choosing a table the waitress came over to take our order. This is where the let down began. She was only minimally welcoming. She really made us feel as if she was more put off by us being there than happy. This attitude remained the same throughout our dinner there. Dinner itself, on the other hand, was quite good. Not great, but quite good. Before the entrees we were brought a large wooden platter of different breads, cauliflower, and a couple of other things I can't remember. This was a highlight of the meal. My husband and kids had a pasta pomodoro dish that was average. I had the special lobster and shrimp pasta and it was very good! If it hadn't been for the waitress I would have given the review a "very good" rating. We plan on visiting Tulum again next summer and I would like to give Posada another chance.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

The room is nice, very nice. Loved it. The food was pretty good, fresh pasta, although our dishes were no great culinary achievement. Bland and uninteresting. The service was offensive in that they seemed to be so complacent and arrogant. That really rubs me the wrong way. Okay, so you've had some good reviews, that doesn't mean it's okay to stop trying...

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Absolutely great food and great service! We have been there over 5 times for dinner and even more for breakfast and have never been disappointed. The cocktails are also very creative, although a little expensive compared to other places. Pancake and french toast are a must for breakfast!