“Great Place”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

RyanAH
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Place”
Reviewed March 2, 2017 for a stay in February 2017
people found this review helpful

This was a great place to stay. Located about 15 mins north of town. Close to everything, but far enough away to be nice and quiet. Booking with Teysha was great and very easy. She even accommodated my request for an early check in. The check in process really isn't much of a process as I just got room key from security guard, who helped me with my bags when I got there. There really wasn't a rundown of how things worked there by anyone when I got there, so if you have any questions when you get there, ask the staff at the restaurant and be sure to let them know you are one of the casa's guests. They are happy to help you if you need anything. I appreciated the fact that they give you complete space and don't really hover over you. There is a small sundry shop on site that sells essentials like ice, water, snacks, sunscreen, etc. Beautiful location and beach was kept free of trash and debris, but my only complaint was that swimming from the beach was difficult due to the rocks in the area. I'd recommend taking kayak out a ways to find a clearing to swim in. Wanted to kayak out to reef for snorkeling, but water was too rough to do that. Not sure if you can borrow life jackets for kayaking as I didn't need one or ask for one. The clearing in the water immediately in front of the hotel is where the cenote washes out to the sea under an enormous rock ledge and the current is very strong there, so be careful if you swim it. Just a heads up that wifi service is only located in the restaurant area. Wasn't much of a problem for me as I used my phone for a hotspot, but my understanding was that each room had wifi. Rooms are kept very clean with good A/C. Place was very quiet during week and restaurant had great live blues on the weekend. Breakfast each day was a nice treat that comes with your room. Cenote across the street was an added bonus.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing