“Great food, phenomenal views and atmosphere”
Review of Mi Amor Restaurant

Mi Amor Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 565 Restaurants in Tulum
Description: Contemporary delicious food with local fresh and high quality ingredients, We welcome guests from 16 years on and older
Reviewed October 22, 2016 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel so we got to know the restaurant quite well. The breakfast was very good (included for hotel guests, but there always were people that were not staying at the hotel). Get the watermelon starter and/or fruit parfait, and the open faced Tortilla (add ham, trust me) or the Eggs your way with the Bacon, you will not regret it! Dinner options are also amazing, we had the short rib croquettes (out of this world), tuna sashimi (very good), tuna pate (I'm not a fan of tuna pate in general, but it was good), and octopus (cold but very good!), and the crispy pork something as the main (yum!).

I would recommend coming for breakfast or lunch since you get the amazing ocean view, which will leave you speechless! (Dinner is great, but sadly now view :))

Date of visit: October 2016
managertulum, General Manager at Mi Amor Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2016

Hi Alex
Thanks for rating Restaurant Mi Amor on TripAdvisor.
I am very happy you liked several dishes and enjoyed the great views. You should visit us during full moon, then the nights and the view is incredible too ;-)

Jacqueline & teh whole Mi Amor Team

Reviewed October 12, 2016

We had the privileged of staying at this hotel but if your coming in for meal you wont be disappointed.
Small portions but this chef is very clever. We tried to get through the menu as best we could.
Also, if you can go to Jazz on Saturdays...WOW!
The atmosphere...the service. These guys are all class.

Date of visit: October 2016
managertulum, General Manager at Mi Amor Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2016

Dear Emma
Thank you very much for staying with us!
I am very happy you liked our menu selection created by Paul Bentley, enjoyed some great Jazz & Bossa Nova music and our service provided.
Come back soon, we regularly make changes to our menu so there is always something new for you to try!

Sunny greetings,
Jacqueline & the whole Mi Amor Crew

Reviewed October 7, 2016 via mobile

Mi Amor has phenomenal food that we consider to be all cultures with a modern twist. Breakfast offers items from chiliquiles to eggs benedict. Lunch offers tacos to burgers. Dinner offers blue shrimp to pig.
Had them all and loved! So much flavor with great service. And the views are awesome!!

Hi,
Thank you very much for taking the time and writing this review for us.
Great to hear that you enjoyed our different dishes created by Paul Bentley. We are actually right now makeing some more changes so come back soon and give it a try!
Would be a pleasure for us to welcome you again at our Restaurant Mi Amor!

Jacqueline & the whole Mi Amor Crew

Reviewed October 3, 2016

beautiful pools looking over the rocks looking over the ocean...Good food good service and a wonderful selection of wine...Grilled fish in garlic was wonderful, and the chief came and asked if were happy, it was great and we will go back

Date of visit: September 2016

Dear Carol
Thanks for visiting us at Restaurant Mi Amor and sharing your experiance with us.
We would love to welcome you again, come back soon!
Jacqueline & the whole Mi Amor Team

Reviewed September 20, 2016 via mobile

I can only comment on our experience having breakfast, so it may be different at other times of the day.
We live in the area, so we had previously visited when the restaurant was called Unico and we always enjoyed it. We'd read that they had a new chef, so I decided to drop by for breakfast with my wife. To say that I was disappointed is an understatement. Considering what they charge, one would expect better. To sum it up, I ordered Eggs Benedict which ended up being very undercooked eggs, swimming in a hollandaise sauce, with a piece of toasted bread on the side. I'm a fan of poached eggs, but these were so undercooked as to make them inedible, unless you like raw eggs for breakfast. When I called the manager over (no one had been by to check how we were doing so I had to call out for him) and shared my comments, he mentioned that they had previously received similar feedback. My question then is, why not act on it, when customers are providing you feedback. Folks, eggs benedict is a classic dish that any apprentice cook should be able to make! He offered to have them remade, but my wife had already finished eating, and I wasn't willing to risk a repeat.
Also, my wife had bacon with her order, and the bacon had areas with white fat, that had obviously not been cooked. Clearly, there is no quality control. And, to add to the insult, though they still charged me for a breakfast that I couldn't eat, they "accidentally" tried to charge me for drinks that I hadn't had.
Sorry, but I won't be coming back.

Date of visit: September 2016