“AMAZING WHALE SHARK TOUR!”
Review of Edventure Tours

Edventure Tours
Ranked #1 of 99 Tours in Tulum
More attraction details
Owner description: From the ancient Mayan Ruins, to the pristine turquoise waters of the Caribbean- and so much more in between. Snorkel, zipline, Jungle ATV ride, Mayan Ruins~ and ALL in one day if you like!! We want to show you the best this area has to offer! Experience the cenotes- the amazing underground river, snorkel a natural aquarium full of brilliant colored tropical fish. Swim with the majestic sea turtles- watch as they glide effortlessly, eating the sea grasses in their own natural environment. Zipline deep in the jungle with connecting hanging bridges, rappel, rock climb, cliff jump… all in a day’s play! Let us customize a day for you! We’d be honored to share with you, this wonderful Paradise!
Olympia, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“AMAZING WHALE SHARK TOUR!”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

A highlight of our trip! We booked with Edventure Tours because we had heard so many wonderful things about what they offer. We had a fantastic time and the day couldn't have been better. The Edventure began with our pick-up time. Friendly and fun people met us and took us to the boat. Once there, we snacked a bit and lotioned up for our day at sea. The boat ride to the site and swimming with these amazing creatures really can't be summed up with words. Absolutely amazing! The guide (Moses) was great at guiding us towards the whale sharks and was even able to get some fun pictures.
After swimming with all of the whale sharks we had the energy for, we went to a reef and snorkeled a bit before heading to shallower water to swim and enjoy freshly made food and some cold drinks. It was a wonderful day! I HIGHLY recommend booking your tour through Edventure Tours!
~Becky

2 Thank Becky C

Augusta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best excursion we've ever taken, out of dozens!”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

First off, Enreque was an awesome tour guide. After talking to all the guides at Edventure Tours the morning of the the tour, their english was great, and all were very knowledgeable about the area. I highly recommend their professionalism and expertise as their other reviews can attest to.

We had a private, all day excursion. We wanted to make this trip private so that my wife and I could catch up on some time we had spent apart. We also elected to pay the additional fee to have Enreque to take our pictures for us. Several hundred pictures later, we recognize that we might have gotten 20-30 where he was taking great candid shots of the two of us. Don't waste your time fumbling with a camera, pay the small fee.

We started out at the zip lines, and my wife absolutely loved the polaris ride into the park. The zip lines were great and safety was of utmost concern so you needn't worry about a thing. Next we went to the cavern cenote which was cold, but that was to be expected. We heeded Enreque's warning and just jumped in off of the platform as opposed to getting in slowly. We swam in the cavern for a while, all while Enreque was taking tons of pictures. He told us many interesting facts about the foliage around the caverns, about the underground rivers, and other things. If you've taken cenote tours before, he'll easily skip the factoids and just talk to you like great friends do.

We next went to the cave cenote, and was that awesome! The cave is easily one of the coolest (and quietest) places I've ever been.

After the cave (and tons more pictures) we left and went to swim in the brackish water of the lagoon. Our itinerary was changed from Akumal beach first to the lagoon first, but it was easily done and no the change was of no issue. The lagoon was really cool, tons of tropical fish swimming amongst their own leisure to leave when they want. My wife and I are nature buffs and hate the "eco parks" that merely lock the fish inside of a once natural cove, only to become tourist attractions. This lagoon was open to the ocean, and the fish welcome to leave whenever they choose. There were several different types of fish that we have never discovered on other excursions. Enreque was also quick to point out fish that we couldn't even see. He was truly awesome.

We then finished our day by swimming with the sea turtles. My wife had always wanted to swim with the sea turtles and we were not disappointed. We saw several turtles of varying sizes, and as tourists are not allowed to do much else but float and look, Enreque was once again taking pictures in our stead.

After all was finished, our pictures were burned to a disc, we said our goodbyes, and talked for hours about all the fun we had. We will surely use Edventure Tours again in the future, and we will definitely be requesting that Enreque show us the way again, not so much as a tour guide this next time, but as a valued friend and a great addition to any conversation.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Daniel P
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Whale Sharks”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

AWESOME TRIP!!! I wish there were more stars to give Edventures because I'd give them 10+!! Bonnie was wonderful to work with and made all the arrangements. Our guide, Moses, was funny and engaging, yet very knowledgeable and professional. Everything was smooth and seamless from the pickup to the drop off. Everything was perfect.
Swimming with the whale sharks was an adventure of a life time. They are such majestic creatures and so beautiful and graceful. I can not say enough about how much fun we had.
This trip went so well and we had so much fun, we booked another tour with Edventure Tours to go zip lining at their park and swim in the cenotes. I will not book tours with ANYONE but Edventures!!! They are amazing.

1 Thank Lanelle D
Broomfield, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“You'll waste your time and money elsewhere!”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

When looking for a tour day for my husband and I to do, I came across this one tour company that was rated #1 and got many amazing reviews and was about to book through them when I came across Edventures. They were offering pretty much the same exact stuff the other company was offering but for so much cheaper! So naturally, I booked with Edventures and I'm glad I did! Ed, the owner, was so quick to reply to all my emails and it was so fast and painless. You make a 50$ deposit and the remainder when you arrive.
We were picked up on time at our hotel and then drove to pick up another couple, it was just us 4 all day which was nice. First we arrived at the company's "office" in Tulum where we met Ed and all the other guides and went over the day.
First we toured Tulum on our own, didn't get a guide. Which I'm so glad we didn't because we got there before the crowds and before the heat which was awesome! The guided tour is slow and we were noticing they don't even let you take pictures until they're done talking. I like to do my own thing, they have those plaques so you can read the history of everything.
After that Danny, who I found out is the owner's brother, was our guide and took us to a spot where we drove ATVs deeeeep into the jungle to zipline and cenote snorkeling. I am claustrophobic and had a hard time with the snorkeling but Danny made me feel comfortable and helped me get use to it by stepping me through what to do. He also had some floaties for me.
After those fun things, we had a home cooked meal right there in the jungle, IT WAS FREAKING DELICIOUS!!!
Our last stops were sea turtle snorkeling and lagoon snorkeling, so much fun!
This company is awesome and I love that it is family oriented and the people are all so nice and helpful!
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

4 Thank alliclay
Orlando, Florida
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“An adventure for the whole family.”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Wow, what an adventure we had with edventure tours. We visited the ruins, dos ojos cenote, snorkeled with sea turtles, and snorkeled at a beautiful lagoon. We had Santiago as our tour guide and he was great. I was initially nervous about this trip because we had 3 small children with us but Bonnie reassured me that they take children all the time. Santiago was great with the children. He was very patient and helped them the entire time in the parts they participated in. They even had flotation devices, life jackets, and noodles for the whole group. Everyone was polite and on time. I would not hesitate to recommend Edventure tours and would definitely use them again.