All reviewscasa bananala zebraocean breezebanana breadevery morningbeach bedsbeach servicehanging bedseco lodgesalt watertulum beachfresh fruitoutdoor showerthe security guardmosquito netsea turtlessound of the waves
Reviewed January 3, 2011

I recently had a wedding reception in Tulum with about 30 close friends - I booked Nueva Vida as accommodations for about half of my guests. I did some SERIOUS research at hotels in the area -- looking at reviews, quality of rooms, price and after doing tons of research, talking to friends who have visited Tulum, and finally going there myself, I think Nueva Vida is an INCREDIBLE deal for the price of the rooms.

I booked a range of rooms from $100/night to $180/night - I stayed in a bungalow in the corazon area for $180/night -- and the room was simply BEAUTIFUL. VERY large and spacious -- lovely decor (very colorful, cool, beachy), incredible private balcony with view of the beach, huge bed, big bathroom. One of the nicest hotel rooms I have stayed in, ESPECIALLY at that price. I was elated! The best part is Nueva Vida is an ECO-resort -- but we had hot water, no bugs/insect issues, great bathroom facilities -- no problem at all on that end! All of my friends were delighted with their rooms!

The hotel is located right on the most gorgeous beach I have ever seen - and the hotel puts out lovely cushion beds (not chairs, but BEDS) ON the beach with umbrellas for you to lounge on.

The staff was just WONDERFUL -- so incredibly helpful, friendly, and patient. Not only through the booking process (which was tedious since I had a lot of guests- thank you Roger!), but also in helping with logistics for the weekend (booking taxis, exchanging money, etc.).

I had one meal at the restaurant - which is BEAUTIFUL, open air, decorated with dark wood, stone, and has a large woodfire oven burning - really nice - only downside is its not ON the beach, but the decor and style of the restaurant was gorgeous and the food delicious although a tad expensive.

The location is a little bit away from the other hotels. Upside - more privacy, seclusion, you feel like the beach is yours! Downside - if you want to check out restaurants, bars, other spots, you have to walk a bit or grab a taxi (which are everywhere!) for a quick 3 minute ride to other hotels. fyi mosquitoes were no joke at night -- so lather up with some serious repellent if you are out and about.

Myself and all my guests were infinitely happy with Nueva Vida -- I wholeheartedly recommend them for your trip to Tulum!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mreddy10003
Reviewed December 29, 2010

I have been to Nueva Vida de Ramiro the last 6 times of my 12 visits to Tulum, and this stay was the most magical. I never tire of this most excellent hideaway for unwinding and relaxing! When I arrived and was walked to my cabin in the dark along the jungle paths with the breeze blowing, the stars shining, and the waves crashing, it felt like the first time in this amazing ecological paradise of nature. The staff was amazing, as usual, in the hotel and in Casa Banana, NVR's restaurant. Even though a couple days were cloudy, I was still happy to be hanging out here. And, as usual, I looked around at all the other Tulum hotels, but only confirming to myself that there isn't another place in Tulum (or anywhere) that I would rather be!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed December 29, 2010

You must go and sit on this porch! It absolutely took us to a place of awe. The thatched roof casa "Alma Del Mar" was so full of Mexican charm. The service was great through out the time we stayed there. The bed was comfortable, Walks on the beach were fun with coral and shells scatter here and there in the soft white sand. There is a huge pc of drift wood just waiting to be in a picture. Be sure to enjoy a meal delivered to your porch.
Lots of places to eat

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2010

We stayed 4 nights at La Nueva Vida (10-13 December), third visit of Tulum, but first time in this resort.

It was just what we were looking for and it was exactly what we thought it would be. We stayed in room Nostalgia which seemed to be a good choice. Staff was very friendly and helpfull.

They have the largest part of beach of all resorts and the beach is gorgeous. Each morning they give you private two-persons-beds on the sand.

The included breakfast in Casa Banana is continental, so it's not really "filling", but it's good and healthy. And if you want you can order eggs or something else (against payment). Had dinner twice at Casa Banana ... also very good.

Will we return ? Sure !

Carl & Anja

Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bananen
Reviewed December 26, 2010

My sisters and I stayed in the cabana La Ola for 5 nights and 6 days. It is an awesome cabana with the best view. The only issue I had was that when we reserved it, there was a bed on the main floor and then one in a loft. When we got there they told us that renovations had been done. The loft was gone and one of us was expected to sleep on a cot. It wouldn't have been bad if the cot hadn't been the most uncomfortable thing ever!! Had to take the cushion off the couch and use it. Also there wasn't a mosquito net over the cot and when I asked about one, they didn't say anything(got eaten alive first 2 nights). Fortunately we ran into the owners of the cabana and they had a mosquito net installed that day! Overall a great place, great price and would go again(as long as mosquito nets are provided :/).

• Stayed: December 2010