“Amazing place”

Ranked #13 of 95 Hotels in Tulum
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Amazing place”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We just got back from a fantastic 3 day stay at nueva vida de ramiro, in bungalow 30 on the beach. The whole property is so well cared for, with clearly a lot of love and planning put into it. The staff were so friendly and helpful. It is nice to know that it is family owned, and eco-conscious while still having some amenities like electricity and wifi. The beach beds cannot be beat, wish I could be back there instead of in freezing Minnesota!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This eco-friendly hotel is simply amazing! We stayed in a bungalow along the beach front and loved it. I wish we had stayed here longer, but Tulum was the last stop on our trip to this area and were were only there 2 days. The bungalows are amazing- you have a lot of privacy, every little detail is thought of. The rooms are clean and really nice. B/c it's an eco friendly place, there are less outlets, and less water pressure, but we didn't even care :) it definitely felt like we was able to get away and unwind here. The beach is also so incredibly beautiful and it is right at your finger tips. We were greeted so kindly when we arrived with some yummy fresh squeezed juice :)

The restaurant across the street is where you can have the included continental breakfast and let me tell you Casa Banana is also incredible!! One of the best places we ate while we were there- and hands down best breakfast :)

The staff at Nueva Vida are all so kind, helpful and good natured. Absolutely will stay here again- this time for a longer period of time!

Thank you for making our stay so enjoyable!!

Room Tip: All are amazing!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LeilaN_82
Iowa
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Hello
Having Traveled to Tulum over 36 times I find myself always returning to this spot on the beach. I know that I will have an amazing time in Tulum. The idea of a vacation is to switch off the mind-this I can do in Tulum. When you arrive you are greeted in the lobby which is in a natural garden open on all sides to a free standing school board with your name drawn on it welcoming you to your Holiday. I must admit I do have a few favorite rooms-
The property is one of the largest on the Tulum beach with over 42 acres of natural walk ways leading you to your bungalow. The reason for this is to preserve the natural beauty in addition the design of the bungalows that are elevated allow Sea Turtles during their nesting season.
As with many of the hotels on the beach Nueva Vida has build it's restaurant not on the beach but on the other side of the beach road-jungle side. This idea works not only to preserve the beach it also allows for total quite and privacy for guests in their bungalows.
All Bungalows have hot running water, wifi, electricity, fans, nets for bugs-although not needed directly on the beach as the trade winds keep them away. you will not feel crowded on this beach due to its size and the position of the bungalows.
In the morning the staff sets up beach beds, chairs, table and umbrella for each guest. if you wonder how many people are staying-count the beach beds.
I enjoy having breakfast delivered on my deck, it's a great way to start the day.
Remember food can be found at your hotel or walk down the beach and explore other options.
If you need food or drinks the restaurant named Casa Banana on the property can provide beach service or simply walk in and ask to have a meal or cocktail brought to the beach-please tip the waiter as it's a walk for them and a nice service.
Maid service is provided every morning along with fresh water bottleled for your bathroom or drinking.
if you need an idea of something to do for those people who are not a professional Beach Bum the front desk in the lobby can give you many ideas.
Enjoy this magical relaxed place where you don't need to be dressed and ON - simply wear your swimsuit and leave the Professional Persona at home. If you are looking for Luxury stay in Cancun and don't spoil this Treasure for those of us who understand what this place is.
The feel of this place is as if you were staying with a friend-who knows you might become friends and return as often as I do-there is no place like home.
Please feel free to ask me any questions
my email is tbfairfield@aol.com
Thomas A. Brown

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank tbfairfield
nvrami, Manager at Nueva Vida de Ramiro, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Thomas:

As always it is a pleasure to have you back in our little piece of paradise. Your review is just spot on on what the owners always had in mind for guests to experience and your understanding of who we are and what we strive for, and the fact that you had another memorable stay with us, just keeps us motivated to better ourselves constantly.
We really hope to have you back next year.
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Spent 5 days at Nueva Vida just before Xmas this year. After a TON of research into the many hotel choices down in Tulum I finally decided on a beachfront (literally) bungalow at this great little eco resort. The bungalow has 24hr electricity and wifi in the room which is not normal for bungalow hotels in Tulum. The location is great as well. Not too far down the very long Tulum beach, but not so close to some of the more rocky and busy areas. We had a mosquito net over the bed and a fan inside the bed which along with the amazing ocean breeze kept us plenty cool and mosquitoes were almost non-existent. They are adjoined across the road to a great bistro which is where you have a very simple, free breakfast of fresh made bread, coffee and fruit. If you want eggs and more it is pretty pricey, as is the food at the restaurant, though it is very good! But the reality is food in Tulum is very pricey all over the place. Expect to spend $10 on cocktails and $20+ on mains at most of the restaurants.

But as for the resort, it was quaint and nestled in the palm trees. Our oceanfront view was simply awesome. The managers and staff were super nice as well. We definitely want to go back and would stay in the exact same bungalow.

Room Tip: Remember that the rooms back off of the water are going to have a lot more mosquitoes because they k...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Roam_again
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed in a family bungalow with the kids downstairs and us upstairs.... as there was an open stairway between the two and the big open veranda opened off our room there was little kid/parent privacy, but plenty of privacy from the other bungalows.
Hot double shower, adequate kitchen, a few outlets, reasonable wifi.
Nice chairs and lounges on the beach
Helpful front desk.
Be aware that your tab with the restaurant needs to be settled in cash or by paypal as the restaurant does not take VISA or other CCs.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank CynthiaShimer
Alameda, California
Reviewed December 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 8 nights at the beginning of the month. We have never been to Tulum, and I did some research before we booked so I knew that this hotel had great ratings. It was still a stab in the dark because we were just not familiar with the area. Let me cut to the chase-it was one of the best vacations we have ever had! And staying here had alot to do with that!! First off, I have to praise Nubia and Mariela, who were at the front desk for 90% of our visit. They were professional, incredibly warm, patient with our questions and more than happy to help us with our millions of questions. I miss them! I cannot say enough about their hospitality. To the owners of this hotel: you are lucky to have them working for you! They are an asset in 1000 ways!
We had an unusual reservation in that we spent 2 nights in one room and 6 in another. (We had to cancel our first trip and reschedule, and they did their best to accommodate us, and they did it well!) Our rooms were clean, and beautiful. They are so unique! We especially loved the room we had for the 6 nights as it was on the second floor and we felt a little more comfortable leaving our porch doors open at night. Although I know it would have been fine to do so in the other room, we were just being cautious. But there is alot of security in the area and we were completely at ease.
The beach was gorgeous, the grounds were perfectly groomed, and the restaurant across the street provided a beautiful and delicious breakfast right on time. (you had your choice of going to the restaurant or having room service. ) We loved eating our breakfast on our porch, reading our books and listening to and seeing the beautiful ocean.
I can honestly say there were no drawbacks. There are adjustments that we need to make for ourselves on our next trip, but they have nothing to do with the quality and service of the hotel. ex: I do love my flat iron for my hair but could not use it, so next time? Battery operated! I should have thought of that before. I just didn't. We also actually loved the dim lights. More romantic! And quite frankly, more peaceful.
Our whole experience in Tulum and at this wonderful hotel calmed our souls. And reminded us that we need to get away every year, no matter what. And we are already talking about when we will be returning.
To the owners- your staff is wonderful. Your hotel is gorgeous. We are coming back. Period.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Susan K
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed December 13, 2013

My husband & I stayed here recently for 6 days after a terrible 5 days in Cancun and I wish we had stayed here our entire trip. The hotel and beach are absolutely beautiful! And the staff are so friendly and accommodating. Included in your stay are beach beds & chairs that were promptly set up every morning. No towel game here, plenty of spots on the beach to go around. We walked to each end of the beach and both agreed that NVR not only had the best location but beach as well. There is a security guard always near by making sure your belongings are ok. There is an included breakfast, but unfortunately it is provided by a restaurant not part of NVR so the service is a bit hit or miss. This same restaurant is the one that provides beach service, but of the 6 days we were there, only 1 time were we asked if we needed anything. No biggie though, as we went to the market down the street prior to our arrival to stock up on drinks and such since we had already read about the lack of beach service. In our room we had 1 outlet, a ceiling & floor fan, enough storage for our belongings and a beautiful beach view on our patio w/ chairs and a hammock. I mean really, what more could you possible need in paradise? We are so excited to have stayed here that we are already planning a return trip. See you soon NVR!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple