“An unexpected pleasure ”
Review of Tres Galeones

Tres Galeones
Ranked #157 of 572 Restaurants in Tulum
Reviewed April 26, 2019 via mobile

We stayed at the beach and went downtown a few times. Ended up here by chance having looked in the highly rated Farm to Table which was dead and walked on a bit. Great food in a place with pleasant relaxed ambience and decent service at reasonable (for Tulum) prices. What is not to like!

Do not post a lot but having post meal seen other reviews wanted to redress the balance.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed March 29, 2019

The place is CASH ONLY and they rip you off with off $1 USD for 16 mexican pesos (at the time i visited with my gf months prior).
Waiter argued with my gf about their bs policy in spanish.
Food was recommended on youtube in regards to their fish burrito. okay food, nothing special, especially when the final bill adds $7+ of unnecessary costs due to their crap exchange rate on purpose. Of course there is no set standard and they determine their own exchange rate which honestly not sure about the legality of it.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed February 17, 2019 via mobile

This place is cute and the food was decent, but they were very tricky with the bill. They overcharged a plate that they had mistaken, which may have been a language issue, but then they also charged a 20% service fee on the bill without a subtotal for the food and drinks, then asked for a separate tip when we went to pay. When I pointed it out the waiter was bashful and decided not to charge the fee. I don’t have an issue with a service fee, but it should be noted on the menu (it wasn’t) or at least added as a separate line item on the bill. Overall, it was fine, just please watch your bill. It seemed to me as if this was standard practice here.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed February 11, 2019

Love this place... amazing food, cozy vibe. I had the Tuna, absolutely delicious!!!!
Very good price also.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank Frances d
Reviewed February 7, 2019

1 out of the 2 dishes we ordered was absolutely delicious! I ordered the Catch of the Day which was Mero with a Bechamel sauce and beautifully grilled vegetables! It was soooooo good! Unfortunately my mom ordered the Tuna dish with sauteed leeks and was shocked when a long platter of very thinly slices raw tuna came out. She hates Sushi so it was very confusing as the menu no where indicated the fish was raw. We explained to our server the misunderstanding and explained that this either needed to be fixed on the menu or servers needed to verbalize this. I was disappointed that he did not offer to fix the plate at all for my mom. So I ate her plate and we shared the Mero since the Tuna dish was more like an appetizer then an entree.

Date of visit: January 2019