The resort is beautiful and huge. My wife and I enjoyed the walking especially after eating and drinking so much it's kind of nice to go on a long walk to the beach. The walk in very impressive. A few helpful pointers for people going to the resort. Don't try and book a restaurant until you check in because they won't let you. I highly encourage you to book your restaurants right after you check in this will be a big weight off your shoulders. Most people think they can just walk into the restaurants this is not the case you need a reservation. My wife and i booked right away and were able to eat at a restaurant every night. Here is how we rated the food.
Buffet near lobby very good for breakfast and lunch. Service was amazing especially Jose. So attentive and really made you feel welcome.
Miso-Great food and entertainment at the hibachi.
La Hacienda- Great food order off the menu though
Grill- I can't remember the name but excellent food.
Mama Mia- If you can avoid this please do. Probably the worst Italian food I have ever had. I had the seafood pizza and my wife had ravioli it was terrible and so was the bread they served prior to the meal. It's just poor Italian but again it's free so we just dealt with it.
All the waiters were great.
Some people complained about the walk it's not bad and it's healthy to get out and walk.
The marble floors do get slick but they do leave out wet floor signs and it's common sense that floors get slippery when wet so just be careful
Very important my wife and i had an excursion delayed a day because the resort does not allow unauthorized vehicles on the resort. Concierge should have informed us of this and they did not and to be honest they did nothing about it. We got to go a day later so it wasn't a big deal.. Just keep in mind to ask questions before you leave the resort some transportation can only pic you up at the gate out front.
Everything from the pools to the beach were great. I think some of the complaints are a bit much. You can see the people walking around who complain there never happy anyway. Your on vacation make the best of it.
We loved our stay overall the resort and staff are amazing I would highly recommend this resort. Oh yeah the coaties are hilarious.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Idiso Digital, BookIt.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort And Spa
- Grand Sunset Princess All Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Sunset Princess Hotel
- Grand Sunset Princess Review
- Grand Sunset Princess Mexico
- Grand Sunset Princess Resort
- Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico