We stayed in this hotel for two weeks in April for our honeymoon. The hotel is beautiful, lots of pools and well kept grounds. The lobby is very large and quite impressive. The staff are excellent, always busy working/ cleaning, and will serve you straight away. The bedrooms are large with two sinks in the bathroom which is nice and the bed is large and comfortable.
It's the little thing we enjoyed, the tea and biscuits in the lobby was nice after a day out and the Sports Bar was fun with all different games on tv and pool tables etc.
The beach is beautiful, turquoise waters and lots of sun beds. We had a massage on the beach which was great.
My only negative would be the food. Although there is a huge choice for food, it is all very bland which we didn't expect for Mexico. The buffet restaurants are very cold and clinical, as are the theme restaurants. There is no atmosphere in the restaurants, if there is music being played you can't hear it. You have to book into the theme restaurants two days in advance which is slightly annoying as how do you know you want asian food for tea in two days time?! Even then the best time slots go quickly, we ate at 9.45 most evenings. You cannot eat outside which is a shame other than the beach bbq and you can't get an ice cream anywhere which I found odd!
The hotel itself is in the middle of nowhere, but I think all of the hotels are like this. This means that you are expected to take a taxi everywhere but these are rather expensive. We therefore walked out of the hotel and grabbed a bus for a tiny fraction of the taxi price.
Beware- all day trips to the parks etc are expensive. However, the trips are brilliant. Our favourite was 'Xplor', 4 miles of zip wires (14) in total with 3 water landings, driving 4x4s in water and caves and cave swimming and rafting. This trip was very expensive but included all food and is really worth it, such a great experience. The food is great on this trip, fresh smoothies and a great all you can eat fresh buffet. Chichen Itza is a place you also must visit, it's great to hear all about the local history and culture. After Chichen Itza we were taken to a cenote also which we swam in, that was very pretty.
Overall, anyone would be impressed with the image of the hotel. I don't think I'd go for two weeks again though, maybe 10 nights (it costs a lot to keep busy!)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Sunset Princess All Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort And Spa
- Grand Sunset Princess Hotel
- Grand Sunset Princess Review
- Grand Sunset Princess Mexico
- Grand Sunset Princess Resort
- Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico