First time writer - long time reader of these reviews. We thank all of the 'posters' for their previous submissions....
...resort grounds were just amazing and beautiful. When we showed up, we were in awe...
Large but not crazy big. About 10 mins from end to end if walking briskly; 15 mins if strolling. For those that complain about the size, well, the 10-15 mins might be too much or they just didn't get the 'Mexico' time part of the vacation...
Rooms were large and beautiful...very clean. We upgraded to Platinum and were happy that we did so. Liked the extras even though it took us awhile to truly take advantage of them. One stop shop with pools, couple of buffets, beach, Platimum lounge, premiun drinks, unlimited room service, unlimited a'la cartes, computers in lobby, Platinum conceirge, etc.
Staff was the overall highlight of the vacation and resort - always willing to say Hola, teach a new word, and smile. Nightly shows were entertaining - well worth the time; suitable for everyone!!!
Food was good. Not sure what folks are complaining about? We had dinner at the a' la cartes and they were funtastic...
Beach was great..something for everyone. Get over the vendors - they are just trying to make a living and they were never too pushy or a nuisance.
We did bring about 100 US $1 bills for tips (but ended up getting another $50 before the end of the week - for tips).. left a tip in the room (2 adults, a 14 yr. old boy and a 10 yr. old boy) as it was a bit of shambles every morning but pristine when we returned, $ for a round of drinks, $$ for the waiters at the a'la cartes, $ for the omelette lady, $ for room service, $ for general thanks as you muttle through the day and someone gave you a helping hand...
None associated with the vacation, Sunwing or the Sunset Princess/Riviera (they are the same complex).
Great place...beautiful grounds, wonderful beach, food very good, excellent staff....
We would not hesitate to go back..
Don't sweat the small stuff, remember you are a guest in their country, tip the staff for good service and enjoy yourself.
Fawn and Vytas
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Sunset Princess All Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort And Spa
- Grand Sunset Princess Hotel
- Grand Sunset Princess Review
- Grand Sunset Princess Mexico
- Grand Sunset Princess Resort
- Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico