My husband and I have now stayed at six different resorts in the Mayan Riviera and unfortunately the Grand Sunset Princess doesn't quite measure up. While the resort is lovely to look at and has a great beach for those who love to walk a lot it falls short. The staff are friendly but the service wasn't nearly as good as some of the other resorts. We are typically generous daily tippers but scaled back this time due to poorer service (tables not cleaned too quickly, had to find own coffee, most times there was no one to seat clients). The food was adequate but not terrific...too many stews and the meat was far too tough to eat and very little fish.
I think that in these days a hotel/resort should free offer public area Wifi which the GPS and sister resort do not. $20 per 24hrs Internet service is not acceptable. I can understand that the hotel has an environmental conscience and that is great but at least supply your guests a box of facial tissues Or have them available for sale in their stores (which they did not)...I don't think guests appreciate blowing noses on toilet paper all the time. My biggest concern is the lack of attention to the birds on the beach area and the resulting filth on the beach chairs which is quite disgusting. Low flying birds also an issue but idiots do feed them! Would I recommend/go back? No...even though the resort does have many fine attributes...others have been better.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Sunset Princess All Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort And Spa
- Grand Sunset Princess Hotel
- Grand Sunset Princess Review
- Grand Sunset Princess Mexico
- Grand Sunset Princess Resort
- Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico