We stayed at this resort back during spring break. Me, Girlfriend and her 9 yr old son. First of all, this resort is amazing. The entire resort is a maze of pools that interconnect. Although we stayed in a regular room, it was very spacious with an oversized balcony, couch and sitting area, which overlooked the pool. The upgraded suites are all swim in swim out to your own private poolside room. We will definitely do that next time.
The main reason for my review was to talk about an employee of the sunset princess. His name is Alex Chavez, he is the sports and entertainment manager at the resort. We ran in to him one night while seeking some information about some Mexican Skull candy that my girlfriends boy was trying to find. Although the resort didn't carry this type of candy, he didn't want to leave Mexico without it. While nobody else at the resort had ever heard of this type of candy, Alex offered to drop by several stores in town to see if he could locate it. As promised, he called us in our room a couple of days later to tell us that while he looked for the candy in many stores in town, he unfortunately was unable to find it. That was a very nice gesture and impeccable service even though that was not part of his job at the resort.
Additionally, we bought a painting for Michael at the resort that was painted by an artist that only came to the resort for one evening. Michael really loved it. The artist packed it up for us as we were catching an early flight back to the U.S the next morning. When we arrived back in the States and unpacked the painting, it was ruined because the paint had not had time to dry before it was packed up. Typically, in situations like that, you are SOL, but we decided to send the painting back to our old friend Alex Chavez Mah Eng to see if their was something that could be done. Apparently, Alex went and tracked down the artist somewhere in town or took the painting to someone who fixed it and made it perfect again. So several weeks after sending down to Mexico, it made its way back to a very happy little boy.
Thank you Alex if you ever see this. We are very grateful and it is people like you that will keep us going back to any of the princess resorts in the future. I would recommend this resort to any of you who may read this.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Sunset Princess All Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort And Spa
- Grand Sunset Princess Hotel
- Grand Sunset Princess Review
- Grand Sunset Princess Mexico
- Grand Sunset Princess Resort
- Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico