We have just returned from 2 very restful weeks at the GRP. The entertaimment staff are AMAZING. We went with friends and we have 2 disabled young adults in our group and we didnt see them from morning till night as the entertainment team were FAB with them both. To begin with, we kept nipping back from the bar to check they were OK but the team kept assuring us they were fine and they loved having them with them . They allowed them to join in their shows ( which were excellent by the way ) and gave them hotel hats and T shirts!. If the hotel management read this they should give all their entertainment team a raise , I really cant thank them enough.
Other bits....We loved the beach, it was really peaceful at the far end , and yes there was a brown bit due to the mangrove but its easy to avoid. Its also perfect for teaching youngsters to swim as you cannot get out of your depth. Also the coconut slush's they serve at the beach bar are sublime , try one !. Also the liquer coffees in the square are lovely but very strong , beware!.
The rooms are a great size and hubbie and I loved the 2 sinks . Yes we had to call 3 days because our mini bar hadnt been restocked , but so what , they soon came down and were really sorry. My main dissapointment was the linen, the bedding and the towels are deffo' not of a good quality.
The grounds are immaculate , and all the staff are so friendly and happy. We tried 5 of the A la cartes but were not that impressed with the food , and thought the buffet was just as good and varied, also the service is great regardless if you tip or not .
We booked 2 trips through the Thompson rep , Adriana, and both were good , however be prepared for a 4 hour journey to get to Chizien itza , not 2 and a half as she advised ...a very long day , but totally worth it as our guide Rex really knew his stuff.
We spoke with 3 different families who had had falls on the marble so take care whilst wet , but they all said the hotel were fantastic and couldnt do enough for the. We met no one who had suffered any thefts so dont worry about that allegation.
We watched 2 weddings take place on the beach right next to our sunbeds which was lovely.We visited the spa and had massages ..very relaxing and a good price.
To sum up , GO to this hotel , you will be well cared for and return really rested.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa is located on the stunning Riviera Maya, just three kilometers from the famous Playa Del Carmen, in beautiful surrounds, with large and spacious natural parks and the delight of a good tropical weather. Besides our fascinating beach, renowned for the clear water and splendid sea beds, typical of the east end of the Yucatan Peninsula, the Hotel invites you to discover the huge wealth of the archaeological remains of the Maya culture in this area. After crossing the spacious lobby the splendid "Paseo de los Dioses" is reached, which invites the costumers to discover the charm of the hotel. It is a gift to our senses to enjoy all our facilities that can be found to our left and right on the way to the marvelous beach awaiting for everybody at the way of the pleasant stroll.Opened in December 2007, Grand Riviera Princess offers 674 fully equipped rooms with a range of services that give the clients a variety of possibilities to choose from: Junior Suite, Junior Suite Deluxe (some with direct pool access), Platinum Suites and Laguna Villa Suites (ideal for the most romantic honeymoon).A fascinating Spa is offered to all the clients, and the most complete activity program during day and night. A range of services in the varied and international selection of top quality food provide the perfect counterpoint when sharing moments of peace and calm with excellent meals in beautiful and inviting specially decorated surrounds, some of which are by the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort And Spa
- Grand Riviera Princess All Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Riviera Princess Hotel
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico