9,940 results
All reviewsa la carte restaurantssports barfondueplatinum suitemama miaplatinum areala fleurchill out barplatinum conciergeplatinum poolthe grilllas olasdays in advancewater shoesseafoodcooking showprivate pool
Reviewed January 1, 2010

We were originally supposed to stay at the Sunset Princess but due to renovations, we were moved. We loved it, the beach was well kept, the resort was very clean. The downsides: The food was simply okay and at times we felt we had to constanty fight for the things we paid for but overall, we'd go again.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2009

Grand Riviera Princess or Grand Sunset, same complex.

Trust me when I say Wow, I have enough travel experience.

Grounds & buildings are absolutely stunning. Spotlessly clean.

Public washrooms cleaned & touched up on regular basis.

BIG RESORT from lobby to the beach, 15 min.walk (my speed) but not less than 8 to 10 min. You have to be in shape, you have to walk back & forth for dinner, must of the restaurant are around the lobby, except for The Fondue, close to the beach..

Buffet; went only in the morning, 8 choices of yogourt, fresh & syrup fruit, brioche, all kind of fresh bread, croissant which I was very satisfy with. Also good selection of breakfast hot food.

Coffee, very good when ever you get one, the service is slow & poor, they don't served you automatically, you have to raise your hand and sometime to get up and go and ask for your coffe. This was a negative point.

Good system for A La Carte restaurant, you don't have to wait in line early in the morning, to make your reservation. Desk open all day long.

Restaurant:: All good, my top one, Italian (bruschetta, tomatoes and goat cheese) veal scaloppini excellent.. in any restaurant the red wine, vino tinto is the worst I never tasted.

Japaneese good and fun.
Spain also good, Flamingo show in extra.

Avoid THE FONDUE, in no way what a Fondue is suppose to be.

Beach: We all know that Cuba has the nicest one.

Night live: Live band, every night at the Plaza before the pre-show and the main show in the theater.

You may choose this resort with no hesitation..Trust me. You let me know.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank lloulou
Reviewed December 31, 2009

All Inclusive hotel, but without service at management level. People like managers Gina and Humberto at the lobby are there for themselfs and not for helping the guests. People on the workfloor are doing their best to compensate this.
Many insects, humid rooms, beach with seeweed, bad and cold food (in all seven restaurants), bad construction in buildings p.e. after shower all the floor is and stay wet, water can not reach the sewage. Guest are not informed, you must find out everything yourself. In one word: bad hotel management.
Hotel management should be interaction with people, knowledge of hotelbusiness, initiative and business knowledge. This hotel lives by great photos on the internet without returning guests.
Trip time to Playa del Carmen is 30 minutes and there are only two buses at 10 and 12 o clock

2  Thank flamingos_9
Reviewed December 30, 2009

This will not be your typical review as I feel a much more important issue is at hand, I am a Travel Agent and I went down to this resort with some of my most loyal clients. The clients picked the property. This is my 2nd career, prior to becoming a TA was a Hospital Plant Operation's Directions for 20 years. On this site many folks commented on having a foul smell in there rooms, These folks were correct. Our room 7016 was quite bad. The two rooms my clients had had no odor so I can't say what % of the rooms have this problem. I asked many staff about this and the problem seems to be widespread. I did a study of our room and it's systems and the grounds around our room. After reviewing my findings I implemented my finding in our room and it was a success, Within a hour or so the fumes were gone ( I did leave open the front and patio doors to quicken the air exchange.) After closing the doors and letting the hotels HVAC systems supply the room with air and exhuast it was fine for the rest of our stay except for the one time I return there settings back to where they had them and P-U once again. Changed it back and all was fine. I'm glad I always travel with a Swiss Army multi-tool in my checked in luggage. I trid and tried to meet with the property manager, two of them by written letters to him or her and the best I could do was get an asst. by the name of Gina. I even explained to them that this could be a very possible health situation for people. I spelled out some of the health risks they could be subjecting people to that can make humans sick and worse than that if you get my drift. They clain that they would be sending engineers from Spain in two weeks to study the issue, I've written Spain 2 times on this issue, but to no avail. If you have a question I can be reached at ROBMOB@SACORIVER.NET

i

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
5  Thank robmob
Reviewed December 29, 2009

I stayed in this resort form 10th to 24th Dec 2009.
The resort is very beautiful, as everyone says in there reviews.
The beach is not as we thought; the water is yellow & stinks, beach is too small & always much crowed.
Please see my pictures.