We have just returned from 2 weeks staying on the Riviera side in junior suites and I am missing it already. There were 20 of us ages ranging from 5 to 70 and we all had a wonderful holiday although my mum and stepdad who have walking difficulties did struggle with the size of the resort but we hired a wheelchair from reception for small deposit which made all the difference and it was easy enough to get on the buggy which ran from lobby to beach.
The majority of staff were really friendly and worked so hard but I feel there should be more of them especially on reception where check in and out took far too long and it was often difficult to get drinks from bar especially in evening when the square was busy.
I can honestly say I have never stayed anywhere with such beautiful grounds, the pools lovely although again due to lack of staff and people being lazy drink cups were left poolside and never collected and by end of each day the area looked really dirty and there were wasps everywhere.
The chill out area on beach which cost 130 pesos for day was lovely and well worth it with constant drinks and free wi fi, although I agree with other people for such a large resort this should be supplied free to everyone.
I would give the hotel 5 stars apart from the food, breakfast and lunch was always really good but evening buffet was often hit and miss although to be fair there was usually something I could eat. We tried 4 al a carte restaurants which with such a large group was extremely difficult to book and we always ended up having to eat at 6pm or 9pm. The grill was my favourite, Italian very good, we celebrated my daughters birthday there and staff really looked after us and made it a lovely evening, Chinese was good but Mexican was awful and that was the opinion of all 20 of us!
Evening entertainment was very good, and Thursday Mexican market was a nice touch. The youngsters in our group enjoyed the 24 hour sports bar and nightclub.
Did 5 trips whilst there, Explor at night was really good, I am a real coward but actually did all the activities including the 120ft zip wires, swimming with dolphins amazing, Xel Ha beautiful, Coco Bongos although it was the one in Playa del Carmen not Cancun was great night, Pirate show slightly disappointed with show but food excellent, book with Carlos who works for one of travel companies in lobby much cheaper than Thomsons.
Overall a wonderful holiday, I loved Mexico and would definitely recommend this hotel although food could be improved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa is located on the stunning Riviera Maya, just three kilometers from the famous Playa Del Carmen, in beautiful surrounds, with large and spacious natural parks and the delight of a good tropical weather. Besides our fascinating beach, renowned for the clear water and splendid sea beds, typical of the east end of the Yucatan Peninsula, the Hotel invites you to discover the huge wealth of the archaeological remains of the Maya culture in this area. After crossing the spacious lobby the splendid "Paseo de los Dioses" is reached, which invites the costumers to discover the charm of the hotel. It is a gift to our senses to enjoy all our facilities that can be found to our left and right on the way to the marvelous beach awaiting for everybody at the way of the pleasant stroll.Opened in December 2007, Grand Riviera Princess offers 674 fully equipped rooms with a range of services that give the clients a variety of possibilities to choose from: Junior Suite, Junior Suite Deluxe (some with direct pool access), Platinum Suites and Laguna Villa Suites (ideal for the most romantic honeymoon).A fascinating Spa is offered to all the clients, and the most complete activity program during day and night. A range of services in the varied and international selection of top quality food provide the perfect counterpoint when sharing moments of peace and calm with excellent meals in beautiful and inviting specially decorated surrounds, some of which are by the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Odigeo, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort And Spa
- Grand Riviera Princess All Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Riviera Princess Hotel
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico