Service - Was great! Dont be afraid to ask the staff is very helpful and they are everywhere maintaining the resort which I thought was good, they really were on top of things.
Food - Buffet, wasnt my favorite but we booked an a la carte restaurant every night which was sometimes good and bad but it all depends on what you like. But they have so many options you are bound to find something you like. They have an Italian, French, Seafood, Oriental, Sushi, Steak, Japanese cooking show and more. We booked one restaurant called the chill out which you do have to pay for but it was worth it. It was right on the beach and we had a full moon very romantic!
Room - We stayed in the laguna villa suites which I strongly suggest adults only section. The rooms have a stone walkout shower, double sinks, tub for 2 with jets, room with just toilet, closet with safe, king size bed, seating area with TV, and balcony with 2 chairs and table. Another big reason for going with the laguna is if you really want to have quite time/relaxation only the villas have a private pool with your own bar and server as well as concierge who you book your restaurants with. The pool also has hut beds which are very comfy me and the boyfriend slept for 2 hours with no interruptions. Oh and only lagunas get 24h room service for free.
Resort - Large, there can be alot of walking depending on where your going but I found out that they have a golf cart that picks everyone up every 5 - 15minutes that takes you to the beach and then back up to the lobby. They have 2 buffets, a 24h sports bar, a disco/nightclub opens at 10:30pm, a market every Thursday evening from in town so you dont have to leave to go shopping out of resort, stores at main lobby bottom floor, beautiful trees flowers and walk ways.
Coco bongo - We had met another couple that was going then we invited another couple and went with the 6 of us buy the tickets at the resort, then you take a greyhound bus and they bring you there with everyone from the resort and you get picked up at 4:00am it can be a long night if your not used to it but it is well worth it and safe. I would go again
I would go back to this resort me and the boyfriend agree. Everything met our expectations and more, I left with a smile but sad to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa is located on the stunning Riviera Maya, just three kilometers from the famous Playa Del Carmen, in beautiful surrounds, with large and spacious natural parks and the delight of a good tropical weather. Besides our fascinating beach, renowned for the clear water and splendid sea beds, typical of the east end of the Yucatan Peninsula, the hotel invites you to discover the huge wealth of the archaeological remains of the Maya culture in this area. After crossing the spacious lobby the splendid "Paseo de los Dioses" is reached, which invites the costumers to discover the charm of the hotel. It is a gift to our senses to enjoy all our facilities that can be found to our left and right on the way to the marvelous beach awaiting for everybody at the way of the pleasant stroll. Opened in December 2007, Grand Riviera Princess offers 674 fully equipped rooms with a range of services that give the clients a variety of possibilities to choose from: Junior Suite, Junior Suite Deluxe (some with direct pool access), Platinum Suites and Laguna Villa Suites (ideal for the most romantic honeymoon). A fascinating Spa is offered to all the clients, and the most complete activity program during day and night. A range of services in the varied and international selection of top quality food provide the perfect counterpoint when sharing moments of peace and calm with excellent meals in beautiful and inviting specially decorated surrounds, some of which are by the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort And Spa
- Grand Riviera Princess All Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Riviera Princess Hotel
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico