Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa
Panama Jack Resort(Playa del Carmen)
$241
$235
  • Pool
$669
  • Breakfast included
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
$397
$261
  • Breakfast included
BlueBay Grand Esmeralda(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
$288
$239
  • Breakfast included
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
$450
$280
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Mahekal Beach Resort(Playa del Carmen)
$244
$202
$864
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla(Playa del Carmen)
$387
$289
Melia.com
Petit Lafitte(Playa del Carmen)
$168
$160
Orbitz.com
$781
$504
9,189 results
All reviewsa la carte restaurantssports barfondueplatinum suitemama miaplatinum areale fleurplatinum conciergechill out barla vaqueriaplatinum poolthe grilllas olaswater shoesprivate pooldays in advanceseafood
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 27, 2014

My Husband and i enjoyed our 2 weeks at the GRP in June 2013. Its a fantastic hotel, i would highly recommend doing a room upgrade though. We upgraded to the villa section but to be honest platinum would have been just as good. All the restaurants were clean and food hot and varied, beach was clean and the staff fantastic. I would return in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Platinum sea view or swim up
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank LHart1978
Obed C, Gerente at Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Dear LHart1978,

Thank you so very much for your lovely review about your experience with us at the Grand Riviera Princess.

Reviews like yours serve to motivate us even more and improve ourselves every day.
On behalf of all our staff we give the most sincere thank you for choosing our hotel for your holidays.

We hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Resort in the near future to show you again our outstanding service.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

we just got back from this hotel it was nice but its the little things for a 5 star resort it really cheap's out on things.The bed was so hard it was hard to sleep,the pillows were round hard things that ever morning my neck was out,no kleenex in any of the rooms.But the biggest thing was the wifi they wanted $20.00 a day for a service that should be free. Then there is change we couldn't get change anywhere to tip,which i don't under stand because you know how they like their tips.the beach is full of shacks that block the view and big rocks in the water.We stayed at the Sando's resort in playacar a couple years ago its a 4 star but much nicer than this resort.oh the alacart resteraunts were terrible exept the Japanese your better off to eat in the buffets

Room Tip: all the rooms are good
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 236richard

Dear 236richard
I wish to thank you for your feedback in regards to your experience with us. I have taken note of all the comments that of course are discussed with the involved department heads.

We are deeply sorry to know that you did not have an excellent stay at Grand Riviera Princess.
Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences on your stay, we always try to make feel our guest very comfortable from arrival to departure.

We really appreciate your comments, your feedback help us to rectify to improve our standards, and to reach for a perfect service.

We hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Resort in the future to show you how we are improve our service.

Best regards,
Obed Canche

Reviewed April 26, 2014

As the title says, this was my first visit to Mexico. I did a lot of research about the resorts and talked to my gf (her third visit to Mexico) about which resort to stay in. After talking to different people who have been to this resort and the price we decided to stay here.
Overall - i had a very good experience in this resort. The staff is very friendly and always helped whenever we had questions. The suite was perfect two minute walk to each the beach or the pool. My main worry each night was the noise was from the weddings on the beach however looks like they shut down the music perfectly at 11p (thank you!). We spent hours on the beach and then at the swim bar; service was a bit slow as there was only one bartender but it was worth the wait. One tip for the travellers; if you are platinum you SHOULD get the better booze. Someone told us to get the Bacardi 'anejo' Rum and boy it was good.
Yes - the Platinum suites are further down from the lobby but there is a shuttle that leaves every 15 minutes to the lobby. We would take that to go have lunch or dinner at the buffets and then walk back through the middle (beautiful calm walk at night), it usually took us around 8 minutes. For people who have a hard time walking, take the shuttle back.
The buffet food was OK, i kept an open mind about it since the food is made in bulk and i stuck to more protein based foods. We only got to go to one ala carte (seafood) which was OK as well. i Never got sick so and didnt over drink so i cannot complain about the food.
The resort is well maintained and beautiful. There is not much of a night life. We went to the fire show one night, then a rock band and mainly stuck to the live band playing near the main bar (down the stairs from the lobby). I was a little bored by the fourth night (out of 5 night stay) but i was told there was not much a night life so i didn't have high expectations. There is a small disco as well mainly filled with younger drinking teenagers( expect anything else?)
Overall a good first experience. Would i come back? perhaps, but i like to try new places each time i travel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank ozman24

Dear ozman24
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of your recent stay at Grand Riviera Princess.
It is nice to hear that you enjoyed our facilities and services. We are honored to have had the opportunity to serve you and your girlfriend.
We hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Resort in the future to show you our outstanding service.

Obed Canche

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Stayed at the Grand Riviera Princess between March 26th – April 5th 2014 and I have mixed reviews about the resort. Travelled with my husband and it was our third time in Mexico.
We combined this stay with a trip to Las Vegas; we focused too much on the hotel in Vegas and didn’t do the usual research before booking. Booked the hotel via an agent in the UK last September however after reading several TA reports I contacted both the agent and hotel to request a room upgrade and was willing to pay the full upgrade cost. The hotel responded to say that they would be unable to do it until check in and only if there were rooms available. At this point I considered booking a completely different hotel, but due to a family bereavement I had other things to worry about. I left the booking as it was.
Let’s get the negative out of the way first! After four fabulous nights in Vegas we arrived at the GRP looking forward to our stay in Mexico. I enquired about a room upgrade to be told flatly nothing was available at all, not then, not tomorrow! To make matters worse was told that if I had been there the week before I could have upgraded. End of conversation.
We were taken to our room and I really could have cried, it was a prime location “building site view room” yep you’ve guessed overlooking the building site. The room smelt extremely damp and musty (more so than I have experienced before). The builders were still working at 9.30pm in the evening and a huge spotlight was shining in to the room. At that point I realized that we would not be able to use the balcony. I put up with the room for two nights but on the Friday night when the site was still operational at 9.00pm I went to speak to reception.
In short it was a difficult process to speak to a supervisor/manager but eventually I was given a garden facing room, however after enquiring again it transpired that a room upgrade was available a couple of days later. We paid for that upgrade and the holiday improved from there on in. When at reception dealing with this we overheard several people complaining about the building site and the fact that they had tried to obtain a paid upgrade prior to travelling. One of the conversations was word for word what I had said a few days before. Why will Princess not take the money off people if there are upgrades available at the time of enquiry? Hence the title, research the room options.

Now the good
The resort is big but walk able for most guests; however shuttles are available from the reception areas down to the beach end of the resort. The grounds are gorgeous and immaculately maintained. Plenty of sun loungers, shade available and a variety of pools to suit your mood. Always managed to find a quiet spot, the weekend did seem to get busier and noisier around the main pool area.
The beach isn’t all that fab with vendor/massage huts; however this isn’t the fault of the hotel as the beach is public property. Didn’t spend much time there but something to consider if you are a beach fan. Plenty of loungers though.
Food was good at the buffet restaurant and managed to find something to eat every night we ate there. Being from England I love nothing better than soup and bread, of which there was plenty and very tasty too. The salad bar was also fabulous with a never ending selection. You would have to be really fussy not to find anything you like. All of the staff in the buffet restaurant were friendly and there was never a queued to be seated. We tried several of the specialty restaurants but we didn’t really enjoy them, it wasn’t what I would call true a la carte food and everything seemed to be really salty and the service differed in them vastly. During our stay the tapas restaurant was closed and we didn’t get to try it.
Entertainment wasn’t too bad and enjoyed several of the live bands that played during our ten night stay. The lobby bar was also a good place to meet friends and have a chat away from the music.
The hotel has a daily shuttle to Playa Del Carmen which is $4 each way per person; I think it is three or four hours there before the return. A taxi from the hotel was $19 each way.
Would we return to the hotel, probably not? We have stayed in a Princess hotel in the Canary Islands and although this hotel was so much better it didn’t quite hit the spot for us. As we are getting older we crave a little more luxury. Certainly wouldn’t discourage anybody from staying here, just do your research.
If we return to Mexico we have thought about staying within walking distance to Playa Del Carmen to sample the many restaurants and bars there.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Chanksie

Dear Chanksie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback about your recent stay at the Grand Riviera Princess.

We apologize for the few issues that occurred during your stay, actually is not a regular situation, we always try to provide the best possible service.

Our goal is not only meet your expectations but exceed them. I apologize if you did not receive the service you deserve despite you got the upgrade to platinum.

We have taken all your comments into consideration and we will do the best we can to improve all the mentioned points.

We hope you will give us a chance to welcome you once again, under another circumstances.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

I tagged along with a friend who was attending a wedding here. My first time at an all inclusive resort so I have nothing to compare to. In previous posts people mentioned how much walking there was. We really lucked out and got a room overlooking the pool in the middle of the resort so the walking wasn't bad in any direction. We didn't see the shuttle until the 4th day as it only runs on the outside path, not the main one. When we checked in we didn't get towel cards and had to wait until the next day as they didn't have any left until people checked out. The bar service was adequate, we never hung around one in particular. We hung out around the pool area more than the beach and there were always lots of chairs, however if you're a shade lover the shade huts were always taken well before 9am,but then would sit empty most of the day. People commented on the rowdy people around the pool. I would disagree with this. The party pool was a bit loud but there were a lot of other places to go that were quieter. Overall I was impressed that there wasn't more rowdy drunken behaviour than there was.
I'm a very picky eater and could always find food to eat at the buffet, it was better than I had expected. We tried the Italian and Japanese a la carte restaurants. They were amazing! Delicious food and great service! The Japanese cooking show was great entertainment! You are only allowed to place reservations 48hrs in advance so act quickly! The buffet has a theme every night so it's not the exact same food everyday which is nice. The service in the buffets were hit and miss. Sometimes we had great service and others it was terrible.
The resort itself was beautiful and so clean! We went to a few shows and were impressed with the dancing, our favourite was the horror show.
Our only complaint was within the first few days, our dirty towels were folded up and put back on the shelf instead of exchanged, when they were left on the floor. I also noticed the one sheet looked a bit dirty.

Overall we were thrilled with this resort and did not want to leave! Would go back and recommend to others

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank CaresV
Obed C, Gerente at Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Dear CaresV,
We are however disappointed to hear that we did not meet all your expectatives. We are working in each comment that you said for the hotel.