We stayed here at the end of January 2013. After we booked it, I was on Trip Adviser everyday reading the latest reviews getting more and more nervous thinking I had made the wrong decision. We booked Platinum and I'm really happy that we did. Our flight was first thing @ 7:20am and we arrived @ the Cancun airport shortly after lunch. We got to the hotel around 2pm and did not have to wait in line to check in. We received a glass of champagne and a wet towel. First Impression, we were blown away by the beauty and splendor of the hotel. Check in took 5 minutes. We choose to walk to our room to admire the beautiful and clean grounds. Our room was on the third floor of the platinum building at the back facing the ocean; we could sit on our balcony and watch the ocean, so peaceful. Our luggage arrived within 10 minutes of getting to our room. Our room was absolutely spotless. I can't stress enough how clean this hotel was, our room was cleaned very well every day. Yes, we did tip but they definitely deserved it! I choose to immediately go downstairs to the platinum concierge and make reservations for each night of our trip @ the different restaurants. Our room did have free wifi but depending on where you were in the room, the signal was very weak. But the platinum area did have computers and free wifi. We only went in the platinum pool once because it was packed everyday and when we'd try and get a bed they were already all taken by 8am. That was not a problem for us because we preferred the beach anyways. The beach was beautiful, we choose not to sit in the platinum area but rather to walk down to the end towards the bushes and sit on sun loungers there. It was always less congested there. We did bring our "bubba kegs" because they kept our drinks cold as well as it was nice having a lid. Our room was only a 5 minute walk to the beach which was handy for bathroom trips. I never used the beach bathroom. We did go to the "quiet pool" one afternoon and had a great time. Manuel was serving "piss in the pool" shots to everyone, those hit you pretty hard in the hot sun, lol. The staff was awesome, we never had any complaints. Our room was so clean, never saw any bugs, and not even an ant in our room. We loved the tub on our balcony and used it every day! We'd usually get up, eat breakfast, go to the beach for the day and come back to our room around 4 and jump in our tub together, have a few drinks and watch the ocean and then get ready for supper. There is allot of walking, this is not a resort for the people who don't like walking. We really enjoyed the walking, we never used the trolley once; I didn't gain a pound either! The grounds were so beautiful and there were always iguanas out so the walks were very enjoyable. Also, as much as I love wearing high heels, I chose to wear flats for safety as the staff washes all the walk ways in the evening and it did get a little slippery. We ate at all of the restaurants and they were all pretty good. We loved Miso, our favorite by far. La Hacienda was our least favorite though and we were disappointed with that because we love Mexican food. We also did order room service one night for a late night snack (room service is free with platinum) and it was not very good. Also, even though the resort was packed, it was never crowded feeling or noisy. It's very spacious. Overall, it was an amazing vacation. I was very happy we chose this resort because it was half the price of allot of other brand name 5 star resorts and the quality was fabulous. The staff was excellent and it was not understaffed when we were there. We treated everyone with respect and tipped generously and we were treated like a king and queen. Love it and will definitely go back! Don’t be scared off by the negative reviews.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa is located on the stunning Riviera Maya, just three kilometers from the famous Playa Del Carmen, in beautiful surrounds, with large and spacious natural parks and the delight of a good tropical weather. Besides our fascinating beach, renowned for the clear water and splendid sea beds, typical of the east end of the Yucatan Peninsula, the Hotel invites you to discover the huge wealth of the archaeological remains of the Maya culture in this area. After crossing the spacious lobby the splendid "Paseo de los Dioses" is reached, which invites the costumers to discover the charm of the hotel. It is a gift to our senses to enjoy all our facilities that can be found to our left and right on the way to the marvelous beach awaiting for everybody at the way of the pleasant stroll.Opened in December 2007, Grand Riviera Princess offers 674 fully equipped rooms with a range of services that give the clients a variety of possibilities to choose from: Junior Suite, Junior Suite Deluxe (some with direct pool access), Platinum Suites and Laguna Villa Suites (ideal for the most romantic honeymoon).A fascinating Spa is offered to all the clients, and the most complete activity program during day and night. A range of services in the varied and international selection of top quality food provide the perfect counterpoint when sharing moments of peace and calm with excellent meals in beautiful and inviting specially decorated surrounds, some of which are by the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort And Spa
- Grand Riviera Princess All Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Riviera Princess Hotel
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico