Food- food was great. The tapas restaurant and teppanyaki were amazing! People from our party said the oriental was awful so we avoided it. We also ate at the Mexican one which, surprisingly, wasn't amazing. The Buffett was good though. As a vegetarian, I was still able to find great selection. The sports bar is 24 hours which is nice. They had a Great variety of drinks which is not always the case at an all-inclusive.
Rooms- rooms were very nice. Pillows were not comfortable though and the throw pillows smelled a Bit weird. Loved the bathroom. The safe was free which was nice.
Grounds- gorgeous! Everything is beautiful and picturesque. However, it is huge. It was a long walk to the beach from our room which was right next to the lobby, about 10-15 minutes, longer for people who are older or have mobility issues. The beach was pretty but crowded. The water was so warm, Which I liked. There was one area that had a horrible smell of sulphur though. Areas are also very rocky. It stays shallow for a very long time. Snorkelling is possible in some areas but you have to go out really far just to find areas deep enough.
Weddings- the wedding location is beautiful, lots of passerby though but that's to be expected on a beach wedding. The reception was also beach side and a lot of fun. We all went to the nightclub afterwards, had a blast!
Location- it's far from Cancun. If I was to return, I wouldn't stay this far out. It was at least an hour back to the city so we ended up on the resort basically the whole week with just one outing. I prefer to have some fun in the local area on vacation, not just in the resort.
All in all, I was very pleased with the resort. I wouldn't return only because I'd rather be in or closer to Cancun but that is the only reason.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa is located on the stunning Riviera Maya, just three kilometers from the famous Playa Del Carmen, in beautiful surrounds, with large and spacious natural parks and the delight of a good tropical weather. Besides our fascinating beach, renowned for the clear water and splendid sea beds, typical of the east end of the Yucatan Peninsula, the hotel invites you to discover the huge wealth of the archaeological remains of the Maya culture in this area. After crossing the spacious lobby the splendid "Paseo de los Dioses" is reached, which invites the costumers to discover the charm of the hotel. It is a gift to our senses to enjoy all our facilities that can be found to our left and right on the way to the marvelous beach awaiting for everybody at the way of the pleasant stroll. Opened in December 2007, Grand Riviera Princess offers 674 fully equipped rooms with a range of services that give the clients a variety of possibilities to choose from: Junior Suite, Junior Suite Deluxe (some with direct pool access), Platinum Suites and Laguna Villa Suites (ideal for the most romantic honeymoon). A fascinating Spa is offered to all the clients, and the most complete activity program during day and night. A range of services in the varied and international selection of top quality food provide the perfect counterpoint when sharing moments of peace and calm with excellent meals in beautiful and inviting specially decorated surrounds, some of which are by the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort And Spa
- Grand Riviera Princess All Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Riviera Princess Hotel
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico