“Very good resort.”

Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa
Ranked #81 of 211 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We went to the Grand Riviera Princess in August 2013. Once there, we were 'upgraded' to the Grand Sunset Princess. They both are really the same hotel, so I'm posting under both names. I had not understood this before I went, and had only read Riviera reviews. Sorry for this long review - I think that the all positive or all negative reviews that this hotel tends to get deserve a somewhat mixed assessment.

We went as a family of 3. Me, my husband and our 6 years old daugther. As for many here, I got worried when I read the reviews. I think that I either have very low standards; or others have them too high! Or I am realistic. When going to the Carribeans, I do not expect the same standards than I do at home. I tend to equate a 5 stars in the Carribeans to a 3 1/2 stars at home. Humidity is part of the southern climate - so I know what to expect.

We arrived at the hotel 3 hours late (Air Canada flight technical difficulties). The 1 hour travel from the airport to the hotel went very smoothly. As we exited immigration, we got a porter to carry our luggages (1 or 2 $ tip) - it was worth it, the Air Canada Vacation bus was quite far from the airport lobby. We arrived at the hotel around 4:30 PM and we didn't have to wait to check in. We were given a map and pointed to go find our room. Our luggage got there about 15 minutes after us. It is a big resort, but I've seen bigger. I would estimate a 10 minutes walk from the beach to the lobby walking at the normal pace of a 5 years old. In the evening, when my daughter was tired, we would take the shuttle. We never had issue with it. It came every 15 minutes.

We had booked a Grand Riviera Princess 'junior suite'. When we registered, we had to sign a document that said that we had received a 'free upgrade'. When I asked questions to the receptionnist, he never told us what was the upgrade. I still don't have a clue. We still had a junior suite - except on the Sunset side. We had also requested 2 beds. We got one bed and a cot. It also had a sofa and 2 chairs. And two other chair on the balcony. OUr bed was comfortable and the sheets changed everyday. On the week-end, when more people arrived, we were down to only 1 face cloth - but as they are usually lacking from resorts in the South, we had brought our own. We were in building 3 on the third floor. This is the closest building to the beach. Our room was very clean and everything worked well. We could control the AC, the ceiling fan worked well, so did the jacuzzi in the bathroom. It was spacious enough for the 3 of us and very well maintained. We loved our location near the beach. We would only go down to the lobby for nightly entertainement, so the distance didn't bother us.

I would say that everything at this resort was very clean. Even though it rained for 4 days (which is more messy), the lobby area, paths, beach, rooms were kept spotless. As others mentioned, the marble is very slippery when wet. We saw many fall. Be careful and bring flats! Staff kept on picking up the trash of those that didn't pick up after themselves (or threw their plastic cups everywhere). The only thing I didn't like were the smokers. They even smoked in the pool! That's a bit gross.

My daughter wanted to go the mini-club every night. She loved it. They have a day mini-club on the Riviera side (which is outside and was closed the 2 days we tried to go) and a night mini-club on the Sunset side. My daughter loved it there! I felt it was very safe. You needed to sign a register and no adults were allowed inside. They had a crafts room; a game room; a movie room. 2 instructors spoke French (my daughter speaks French only). Others spoke English. They were very good with the children and gave them their full attention. There is also a mini-disco every night at 8:40. It was great for the kids. Outside the club there are a few other places for families - a family game room with Air hockey and babyfoot; a sports bar with pool tables; and a play structure 'behind' the sunset building (on the trolley road) as well as an archery field and tennis fields. There is a volleyball net on the beach.

Overall, service was excellent. I did tip - but I'm not sure it made a difference service wise. Staff were polite, helpful, trying to engage with us. They did speak broken English - but that's expected. They could always understand what we wanted.

The beach is beige in color, not white like in Cuba. On some days, we had a beautiful turquoise sea. However, as it was a stormy week and we had rain, the water was often brown and filled with algea. Our 'spot' was all the way to the right, near the dive center. It seemed to be bluer and with less algea in the water around there. The chair were also more spread out; and were not obstructed by vendors. We were never bothered by the vendors. They did come around once in a while and asked if we were interested, but no insistent. The chair were not the most comfortable - they were your standard blue mesh beach chairs. We were 'bad' : when we were almost ready to go down for breakfast, usually 9 AM, my hubby would leave a few minutes before us to go 'reserve' the beach chair. We then had breakfast - and then went to the beach. Bring your water shoes to avoid the rocks (and once in - go further it is sand). With kids, bring floats or body boards. They sell them for 30 US if you decide that you want one once over there.

We never had an issue finding a poolside chair (maybe not a chair in the shade - but a chair anyway). The jacuzzis in the pools didn't all work - but those in the pool we went to did - and my daughter loved to go as it was less deep. I liked to read in them. We never went to the party pool. We enjoyed the pool the closest to our room, near building 3. It was big enough, with a pool bar, and quiet enough.

We liked the drinks served at most of the bars. I had mimosas in the morning, beer in the afternoons (probably light beer), wine (not so good), sangria or kirs in the evening. Husband was all about the fancy drinks. In other countries, I've seen the mix come out of slushy machines. Here, they do them on order. It is true that they are not always well blended. Martin - in the poolbar - was one of the bar tenders that did good and well mixed frozen drinks. (which I did abuse on a rainy day...) Be careful with the bloody ceasars, they are very spicy. My daughter had a wide choice of non-alcoolic drinks. She prefered the miami vice or mango daiquiris.

Food was great. We did enjoy it very much. Everyday, for breakfast and lunch, we went to the Sunset snack bar. It was a buffet. From Monday to Friday, it was not busy at all. It was more busy on Saturday and Sunday. Nonetheless, service was always excellent and coffee - drinks kept coming (huge difference that the lobby buffet that we visited twice and had huge lines ups and no service) We did rotate what we ate at the buffets and we didn't find it repetitive. However, if we had a bit of everything everyday, we would have become bored quickly. There are always eggs and omelets done to order in the morning; and pasta with 3 sauce choices to have done at noon. Except on our first evening where we had the Riviera buffet (good night for us, they had langouste at the grill station), we always ate at the A la Carte. Doing so meant that my hubby had to trek to the lobby everyday at 2 PM to reserve for 3 nights away. We were flexible on hours (between 6 PM and 8 PM with our daughter) and flexible on which day we wanted which restaurant. We ended up doing : Grill, Mexican, Fondue, Oriental, Oriental Teryaki, Italian. If you want menu details, please write to me. Soups were always very good! My husbands' best would be the Grill. I loved the appetizers at the Oriental (but not the tuna), my seafood pizza at the italien was just OK. The Teryaki was certainly very good overall.

We didn't partake in many resort activities. We hung out at the plaza bar; watched the Grease show in the evening; and watched a few of the evening bands at the Plaza. We basically ate, drank, and went to the pool and beach. Relaxed and read. Objective for the holidays met!!

Would I recommend this resort to friends? Sure - with the caveat that the beach can have algea and a brown color after rain. Overall, to us, this was a very strong family resort. Service was excellent, it was very clean and the grounds were beautiful. We were able to enjoy spending time as a family and relax on the beach or in the pool.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank zaz936
Obed C, Gerente at Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the time you invest in sharing this extensive review with us and the TripAdvisor Travelers.
We are very happy to know that you had a great time in our hotel and your experience was positive and enjoyed your vacations.

On behalf of all our staff we give the most sincere thank you for choosing our hotel for your holidays.
We hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Resort in the near future to show you again our outstanding service.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

This resort is stunning with very friendly and helpful staff (even more so the more you tip!). Check in was fast and our cases were in our room within half an hour. The grounds are exceptionally maintained with a variety of pools though the management do seem to have a fondness of placing yellow safety signs everywhere warning you of slippery floors.
Overall this holiday was what we expected - completely relaxing in gorgeous surroundings with sun and HEAT. The rooms were spacious with very nice bathrooms with daily linen change unless you stated otherwise.
A few niggles prevented us from LOVING it. We hadn't realised (or thought to check) that WIFI was not included but was available at an extra charge of $20 a day which we felt was very pricey. Whilst we were on holiday there were a few things we needed to stay in touch with back home. However our rep advised us that if we only needed a few minutes, we could 'piggyback' the Platinum guests WIFI in certain places. Which brings me on to the issue of the two-tier all inclusive system.
Whilst I accept that there is always a chance to upgrade or buy the more deluxe package, I do resent the feeling that we were somehow on 'the cheap' by not being a platinum guest. It felt like we were constantly being told that "no sorry, that's for Platinum guests only" or "that isn't available on your package". Certain areas, restaurants, drinks and or course, the WIFI. At one stage we were even 'told off' by a member of staff when they saw we were accessing the free WIFI. So certainly not "all included".
Another major disappointment were the restaurants. There are 9 to choose from though 2 are at an additional cost. You have to book them 2 days in advance from 2pm which is necessary if you want to get to book the popular ones before they are fully booked. The booking desk is also up in the lobby - the opposite end of the resort to where most people are sunbathing. We can recommend the Swiss, Italian and Grill (very popular!) but were very surprised to discover that the Mexican was just awful. I couldn't finish much of my meal. Additionally, though supposedly full when trying to book, there were ALWAYS several empty tables whenever we arrived for our booking.To be honest, the food in the buffet restaurants was much better - often with a lot of the same dishes available as on the a la carte menus
We were also disappointed to see that watersports and beach activities were mostly an extra cost unlike other resorts we've been to. Again, a selective "all inclusive resort".
Other than that we really enjoyed our two weeks. We booked a few excursions and would really recommend the Chichen Itsa Mayan ruins if you want a bit of culture and to actually feel like you've been to Mexico. Our Mayan descended guide, Patrick, was just excellent. Also the natural aquarium Xel-Ha is BEAUTIFUL and well worth a visit. Be warned though if you are planning on swimming with dolphins - the photo packages offered after your swim are almost as expensive as the actual swim. We couldn't believe how extortionate the prices were!
I hope this has given a realistic view of what to expect. Oh and if you like wine - don't drink the house red or white. It might as well be vinegar,

Room Tip: I would ask for a room facing AWAY from the pool area as the Fantasy Bar plays loud clubbing music e...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had booked this resort for the second time - my daughter was married here in 2010, and it was busy and fun - it was the first time at an all-inclusive. We decided to go back (just the two of us) in January 2013. When we arrived to check in there were 3 couples including us - and we all received upgrades on our rooms. I was really impressed - they put us in the Yucatan Adults only - which was fantastic, so quiet with your own pool and bar. The lounge was great, really enjoyed the staff at the lounge - very friendly and helpful. The only downfall - (no pun intended) is that I had taken a bad step the 2nd day there and twisted my ankle. We sought the help of the Dr. on call and she arranged everything - for the taxi to pull right up to where our room was located and sent me to the hospital for xrays - thankfully nothing was broken and just need a foot tensure bandage on it. We arrived at the private hospital at 10:30 a.m. and was out by 1:00 p.m. The resort gave us a wheelchair so I could get around a little better - thankfully there was an elevator at the resort. The food as always is great (for a buffet) - we like the two buffets closer to the beach for breakfast and lunch. Was a little disappointed that the Tapas Restaurant was no longer there, they had great food and entertainment with the Flamingo dancers. Hopefully if we go back this winter they will have it open again. We would certainly go back again.

Room Tip: Yucatan Platinum Suites/Adults only - very quiet, private pool and bar. Also lounge great place to...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Obed C, Gerente at Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent visit with us and for providing the feedback. I was pleased to read that you really enjoyed your stay at Grand Riviera Princess.
I am glad that our hotel, services and the attention from our staff, met your overall expectations.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do to make your next visit even more comfortable. Our entire team stands at your service.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

First of all we booked our vacation with Bookit.com with all of the negative reviews we were a bit skeptical not to worry every thing turned out great. We also booked our round trip airport transportation with Best Day and they were awesome. You can also book excursions thru them but you may want to try the people on the beach they may be cheaper.

Check In: We booked the Sunset Princess but we had a Yucatan Swim Up. We checked in at the Sunset but really should have checked in on the Riviera side. Check in was quick but the staff wasn't very friendly. We got Champaign but no towel. If we had of been on the Riviera side we may have gotten both. If you are staying in a Yucatan suite check in on the Riviera side. Also the Yucatan is just like Platinum with free wifi in your room. The entrance says Yucatan Platinum. Like most of the reviews the grounds are like a walk thru paradise. The hotel is gorgeous but shows its age in a few spots.

Check Out: It went smooth and was very fast. NO problems with the bill. If you do the Chill Out or the spa you can charge it to your room. We paid cash for our things in the gift shops.

Rooms: Our room was very nice with a fruit basket, gifts.and stocked frig. We saw no bugs or mosquitos. You have robes ,slippers in your room and the air worked great. There is a card that will turn on lights and air, the slot for this is beside door. Martin who replenished our frig daily was so friendly just leave a list of what you need and he will provide. Tips are appreciated! Our maid service was just ok. Received turn down service once but really didn't care. They did clean the rooms daily but you may need to ask for extra towels. The 24 hr free room service was great and always came in a timely manner. Bed was very nice with a firm mattress. The Yucatan section is very private, quiet and adults only complete with its own pool bar that is very close to the restaurants, shows and night time activities.

Beach: Walk to the beach was about 10 minutes and a pleasant stroll. Beach was nice but a little rocky in places. We wore beach shoes and had no problems. Chill Out area offers the best views of ocean and beach. Food was great . Lobster and shrimp. Beach bar was good and fast.

Food: The buffets were very good and only a short line one morning for breakfast but it was almost closing and no one was turned away. The buffets have something for everyone and the al le carte restaurants are delicious. Our favorite was the Grill and Mamma Mia. The chef at the Grill is amazing!! We also went to the Miso cooking show. Show was really good but food was just ok. Better in the States. Sushi looked great. If you can't find something to eat at this resort you need to stay home. Food always hot and never saw flies as some have suggested. We ate at the Riviera buffet and there was always bacon. If they were out they would replenish it instantly. I did take the bar tender some bananas from the buffet to make me a couple of drinks and he did. Very good.

Tips: The concierge for the Yucatan suites was great. They are located upstairs in the bar next to Tapas. You also can get your towels there or at the pool bar. There is also a rest room behind the pool bar. They told us we couldn't book a special restaurant the first night, we gave them a $5.00 tip and got the grill the first night! Floors are slippery when wet so you just need to wear shoes with good traction. We never had any problems. I did see some people fall.

Shows: Shows were awesome. We saw 4 of them and loved them all except the Mexican one. The Horror show is a must see. Grease was very good. They have a disco that was good and played great music. Something for everyone. You never have to leave the resort.

Spa: We had messages both my husband and myself. He had the deep tissue and I had the Swiss. So good and relaxing! You will get a coupon when you check in. 50% off the first 24 hrs after you check in. We also did the water circuit, it was ok.

General: We went into Playa one day. Tried to get the free shuttle but always booked up. We took a taxi into Playa and he gave us his cell phone to call him when we were ready to come back. Worked out well. $40.00 round trip for 2 people. I thought the prices were high. Didn't buy much. Didn't do any excursions because of the weather. It rained or was cloudy most of our trip. I saw a lot of people playing cards and they had other activities for you to do if it rained. We went to the sports bar but wasn't impressed, very crowded but could of been because of the rain.
Look out for the Coaties. They are so cute! We had them behind our pool in the jungle and at the bridge going to the beach. You aren't suppose to feed them but we did every day. We gave them fruit and they loved it. We saw the alligator near the Chill Out.

We have been to other resorts but this is our first all inclusive. They do not wait on you hand and foot like they do at the regular resorts. That is because you are paying for the meals and drinks at the other resorts and not the all inclusive ones. We never had a problem getting drinks or food but we had to go for them. We didn't use the private beach with the butler service except for the Chill Out one day. Remember its your vacation rain or shine, have fun, love the one your with, be happy happy happy!

Room Tip: After you check in, find a guest that speaks your language and ask them any questions that you may h...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lisa F

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay at Grand Riviera Princess.

Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission, therefore, your feedback is extremely important as it helps us to improve every day and provide an unforgettable experience to our valued guests.

Our staff members are so glad to know that their efforts have been recognized, thank you for highlighting the high service that you received during your stay.

It will be our pleasure to have another opportunity to show you the gracious hospitality and superb service for which we are known.

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Travelled late July/ early August. Booked this hotel back in October 2012 on a whim and then made mistake of reading the reviews on the Iberostar Quetzal which looked amazing! Tried to rebook but couldn't. Was worried about some negative reviews, the size of the place and possibility that we would be second class guests as non platinum.
No worries as had a great time and, although we never return anywhere would recommend this place with provisos. Did lose a star for a couple of bits as for some reason it is not quite there.
Now specifics:

Hotel and gounds are immaculate and probably the best kept I have ever seen anywhere. There is a nice blend of contemporary and natural elements. Pools are beautifully clean, plentiful and so warm! Some nice wildlife. Iguanas are great and Coatis are fabtastic, especially the lone individual who patrols the pool area ("Larry"). Please be aware though that they will steal from unattended bags (saw some hilarious moments) and DO NOT FEED THEM although it is so tempting. Despite the warning the usual idiots were out in force and took no notice. Remember they do not naturally eat nachos, chips and hotdogs! I was told by an unhappy groundsman that if you feed them you reduce their lifespan from 6 to 2 years!!!
Also if you try and pull and iguana out of its hole by its tail it will come off as a defence mechanism!

The place is huge but not too big that it is a problem. A little walk does you no harm on an all inclusive and what pleasant grounds to enjoy. However you will not tumble out of the pool on to the beach and the walk does rangle if you have to go back and forth to book anything at the foyer or beach.

Food generally is good but no more. We ate at all of the restaurants and I will grade them as follows, best to worst.
Fondue - Great fun and good quality although not authentic.
Italian - Fab fillet steak (veal)
Japenese - A good experience and food plentiful
Grill - Quite good but nothing original.
Chinese - OK. Teryaki chicken good but otherwise bland - don't bother
Spanish tapas - Not tapas at all. Re presented buffet food.
Mexican - Poor. Bland.
Buffets were good but as always became a bit samey and 14 days (even with restaurants) was enough. We misssed the lobster night. Gutted!
Beach BBQ - Loved it
Used the main buffets in the evening and buffets nearer the beach in the day. Also used these for breakfast.

Pools. Clean, hot, well presented. The centre pool is the "party pool" where the entertainment takes place and music all day (still humming the tunes!). It gets a bit rowdy by 4pm (and bar busy) as people get drunker round the swim up bar but I never found it intimidating or anything but high spirits. We stayed here as we had two 16 year old boys with us and needed the action. Party games were a bit rubbish and some involved drinking. A bit 18-30 and lacking imagination. No pressure to get involved as Yanks can't get up fast enough!
Big gripe is that non of the pools are condusive to adult water sports. They need a purpose built deeper pool.
If you wanted peace or a quieter bar to get served then there were plenty away from this.

Staff: Best I have ever come across. Worked tirelessly and usually with a bit of fun. Only bad service was in some of the restaurants when we booked a late slot. This can happen so if you have a time issue use the buffet. However if the guy next to you at the bar is tipping well he will get served first. What do you expect!

Rooms: Nice. Not 5* but well equipped. Beds huge and comfy. Cleaned adequately.

Entertainment: Watched one show but not our thing. Apparently a couple were good. Sports bar was the only air con area in the evening to relax but not my thing. Could have been in Weatherspoons! A few good groups although the popular band were a bit loud for us.
Very little for the older teenagers. Disco is very strictly 18 plus.

Excursions: Did Xel Ha and "Dolphins" with THOMSON and good day but expensive. Xel Ha is amazing. Dolphin photos extortionate but we bought them as got caught up in the moment (my wife!!!) and, as predicted they remain in the bag! Be careful with how THOMSON/FIRST CHOICE process your credit card. They convert from USD to MXP at a very poor rate whereas others charge straight to USD and you know what you are paying. Can add 5-6% to the bill. I have complained.
BEST THING: Book a trip to Talum, Cenotes and Turtles via the hut on the beach. Hi light for almost everyone we spoke to. We got a whole day (6 of us) for $90 each. If you get 8 plus then you can secure a private party. Guide Almondo is great fellow. DO NOT LEAVE MEXICO WITHOUT VISITING THE CENOTES WITH HIM.
Playa del carmen - Worth a quick taxi visit or free bus from the hotel. Nothing great.

Beach: Beautiful if a little stoney unless to enter the sea from directly opposite the centre. Sea all types of blue and warm.
Take out a free hobbycat from the beach. So easy to sail and don't fall for the "you need a $25 lesson" bit. Ask someone who knows how to do it. I learned in 10 mins via a terrific guy from Indiana (thanks Eric) and then taught loads of others. Booking system changed every day though.

Scuba: Do the free intro. Not great if you do the intro dive as the reef thay take you to is underwhelming. Scuba people were very nice and refunded my son and his mate who had ear infections. Thanks for that.

Other guest: Mostly Americans and Canadians. Quite a few Mexicans and other South Americans. Would estimate 10% from UK. Whatever you think of Americans they are generally good fun and very friendly as are the Canadians. Found everyone really nice and met some lovely people from all over as did the boys. My advice is to get involved and talk to people. Met someone I know in the pool and my son bumped in to a school friend whilst out and about!

Negatives:
The old sun bed wars!!! Shade is at a premium and there are a few sought after spots by the pool (especially the party pool). You will not get a bed unless you do the early sortee. I got up at 6pm and the 5pm every day. Some towels were already there and obviously out from the night before. I was told that the early pool men would remove said towels but never saw it.
As always some selfish people had pool towels out and went to the beach til 3pm whilst others had twice the number of beds reserved in the shade and the sun!
Beds were also very uncomfortable - take a lilo to lie on!

Lack of entertainment for the older teenagers. Mine wandered about a lot in a group and had a great time but would have liked something. maybe an extension for 14 - 16 year olds in the disco til 11pm.

Restaurant booking system. Pain and frustrating but get organised early and you will get sorted.

Could have been closer to the resort centre to give more of an option. Not their fault but some hotels are better placed.

Summary:
Great place and had a great time. Still quite fancy the Quetzal though!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Trevor A

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback on your stay at Grand Riviera Princess.
We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us despite the minor inconveniences.
Allow me tell you that we are working so hard about your comments to improve our service every day and our customers return home fully satisfied.

On behalf of all our staff we give the most sincere thank you for choosing our hotel for a memorable experience.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Just returned from a 2 week stay, great holiday at a great hotel. Food was very good, service excellent, pools are the best we have ever seen something for everyone. 1 downside for us was that there was no free wifi unless you sneaked into the platinum part and as someone that runs their own business it was a real pain. Overall it was great. Word of warning, don't be fooled into booking to go sea fishing off the guys on the beach, it costs £200 and we never went more than 100 yes from the beach and not a single fish in sight. Would I go again? 100% yes!!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Garystott2

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about .your stay at Grand Riviera Princess.
It is nice to hear that you enjoyed our facilities and services. We are honored to have had the opportunity to serve you.

We hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Resort in the future to show you our outstanding service.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I am planning my 3rd trip to this resort. I have stayed twice in the laguna villas and absolutely loved it. The outdoor shower is amazing. This trip however I am traveling with my son, so we are trying the platinum and are hoping for the ocean front room. I also have a friend, who after hearing my rave reviews is planning a trip here in November. I have thought about trying other resorts this time but I fear other places would not meet my expectations after experiencing this beautiful resort. I admit first trip I was worried about the food and didn't eat very much,but after no sickness, the second trip I pigged out! The buffets are good. We ate at several of the restaurant and liked them all. The staff was all very friendly and helpful. The beach is a little rocky in the shallow part but once you get out a little ways it is smooth. We did not need to shoes for the ocean. My trip last year was a graduation and 18th birthday present for my daughter. We had an amazing time and we had that special one on one time before college. This trip is now for my sons graduation and 18th birthday! I am so excited to see his face when he sees this place. I hope the platinum rooms live up to our expectations...I will let you know! I had to mark my trip was in Sept of 2012 because I waited too long I guess to do the review, however we traveled last year in June. The weather was great, few showers nothing bad. Very humid at night, Hey its Mexico! First trip was in month of March, probably would not pick that month again for my own preference of liking it warmer than it was then. Hope this helps somebody plan their trip, obviously I highly recommend this resort!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear guest,
First of all we would like to thank you about the time you invest to share your comments about your resent stay with us at Grand Riviera Princess, for us the principal goal is the satisfaction of the guest that choose us to enjoy their vacations in the Riviera Maya.

We are so glad that our hotel, services and the attention from our staff, met your overall expectations.

We hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Resort in the near future to show you how we are improve our services every day.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa del Carmen
Magic Blue Hotel
Magic Blue Hotel
#51 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Platinum Yucatan Princess All Suites & Spa Resort
Platinum Yucatan Princess All Su...
#60 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Grand Oasis Tulum
Grand Oasis Tulum
#16 of 21 in Akumal
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort &...
#10 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras

Been to Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!