Yes please do disregard the negative reviews as this hotel is so lovely and as in many of its many reviews its absolutely very well cared for. The amount of staff just looking after the grounds would be hard to calculate and they do a magnificent job on maintaining the surrounding beauty. I didn't realise this and other nearby hotels had been simply built into the jungles they sit in. This does give rise to many creatures that lurk in the grounds and i say lurk as there are crocodiles that cause amazement and a good talking point amongst holiday makers. (dont worry they are fenced off and only one had managed to go walkies lol). Coaties/snakes/iguanas/ghekos frogs etc are common and its both lovely and fun to watch their antics. The hotel has over 1400 bedrooms so you will have an idea as to the size of this place its simply huge. Our bedroom was the junior suite deluxe (free upgrade) and after seeing the further upgrades im glad i didn't spend the extra which is really for extra perks such as service and quiet areas free wifi etc and not room quality but beware the beds are very hard and uncomfortable as are the pool and beach sun loungers. Twelve restaurants and a further dining area on the beach known as the chill out area which is additional to the all inclusive fare. The meals are quite good and i give no criticism as there is such a varied amount on offer with t bone steaks, pork chops, lamb, chicken curries just to mention a few and also where would you be served lobster and steak in other hotels. Yes there are many other hotels that serve this but you will pay much more. The staff are superb and look after your needs without you realising they are watching and eager to make sure your stay will be a nice one. I will admit one morning i was having a lovely fresh omellette and went for a fresh juice only to return to see my brekky had been taken away which does put me off a bit as they do seem to be too alert and im not one for eyes on my food or being asked questions as i'm eating. I won't go into further detail as to the hotel as after reading other reviews i think everything has been covered but i will say please do try this hotel if you want a nice relaxing stay i'm sure you will return home most pleased. My only downside is that once your'e in the hotel it pretty isolated and a long walk to the highway outside with no local amenities unless you book to venture into playa de carmen or cancun. Lastly beware when you book the free hotel bus into playa car as if you wish to return early you will be charged a small sum which is fair enough but after overspending we were short of 50p and were flatly refused entry onto the bus and told if we have no more money on us we would have to wait four hours for the free passage back even though we offered to pay back at the hotel so he left us standing and drove off with empty seats. I did not like this attitude of the driver and pity help if this happens to any young girls as it could lead to trouble. All in all very good holiday and if we go back to mexico i'd have no hesitation returning here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa is located on the stunning Riviera Maya, just three kilometers from the famous Playa Del Carmen, in beautiful surrounds, with large and spacious natural parks and the delight of a good tropical weather. Besides our fascinating beach, renowned for the clear water and splendid sea beds, typical of the east end of the Yucatan Peninsula, the hotel invites you to discover the huge wealth of the archaeological remains of the Maya culture in this area. After crossing the spacious lobby the splendid "Paseo de los Dioses" is reached, which invites the costumers to discover the charm of the hotel. It is a gift to our senses to enjoy all our facilities that can be found to our left and right on the way to the marvelous beach awaiting for everybody at the way of the pleasant stroll. Opened in December 2007, Grand Riviera Princess offers 674 fully equipped rooms with a range of services that give the clients a variety of possibilities to choose from: Junior Suite, Junior Suite Deluxe (some with direct pool access), Platinum Suites and Laguna Villa Suites (ideal for the most romantic honeymoon). A fascinating Spa is offered to all the clients, and the most complete activity program during day and night. A range of services in the varied and international selection of top quality food provide the perfect counterpoint when sharing moments of peace and calm with excellent meals in beautiful and inviting specially decorated surrounds, some of which are by the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort And Spa
- Grand Riviera Princess All Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Riviera Princess Hotel
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico