we stayed at the Riviera princess for two weeks in May 2013, what a beautiful hotel, the grounds were immaculate the pools were cleaned every day, buffet meals were plentiful with lots of choice, the food was not boiling hot and I would not have expected it to be, staff were amazing, we stayed in a deluxe pool room and it was well worth the extra money, beach lovely but in the water it was quite stony, we used the a la carte restaurants on 4 occasions and they were superb.
only down side was the check in, quite a wait after a 10 hour flight, we did 2 excursions both booked In the UK, the pirate night was brilliant and well worth the cost, the candle lit cruise was a complete rip off, 15 minutes to sail out into the bay, stop for a couple of hours to eat food, then back to port after sunset a complete waste of money.
will definitely go back to this hotel next year, hopefully they will listen to all the comments on the check in and sort it out, even the check out was slow due to the amount of people trying to check out.
try the cocktails there are a huge amount of them to try out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa is located on the stunning Riviera Maya, just three kilometers from the famous Playa Del Carmen, in beautiful surrounds, with large and spacious natural parks and the delight of a good tropical weather. Besides our fascinating beach, renowned for the clear water and splendid sea beds, typical of the east end of the Yucatan Peninsula, the hotel invites you to discover the huge wealth of the archaeological remains of the Maya culture in this area. After crossing the spacious lobby the splendid "Paseo de los Dioses" is reached, which invites the costumers to discover the charm of the hotel. It is a gift to our senses to enjoy all our facilities that can be found to our left and right on the way to the marvelous beach awaiting for everybody at the way of the pleasant stroll. Opened in December 2007, Grand Riviera Princess offers 674 fully equipped rooms with a range of services that give the clients a variety of possibilities to choose from: Junior Suite, Junior Suite Deluxe (some with direct pool access), Platinum Suites and Laguna Villa Suites (ideal for the most romantic honeymoon). A fascinating Spa is offered to all the clients, and the most complete activity program during day and night. A range of services in the varied and international selection of top quality food provide the perfect counterpoint when sharing moments of peace and calm with excellent meals in beautiful and inviting specially decorated surrounds, some of which are by the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort And Spa
- Grand Riviera Princess All Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Riviera Princess Hotel
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico