I just got back today from a four night, five day stay and I miss it!! The Laguna Villa Suite is worth the little bit extra. I had a great time but I read reviews so I knew what to expect. My only complaint would have to be the food. The breakfast was good but other than that I wasn't impressed. You also have to get cutsomized to their drinks. I like Michelob Ultra and Bud Light but learned to like Corona real fast because that's the only choice. Don't expect jager or patron either. Their mixed drinks are good though. We went with a small group so we enjoyed eachother's company. The included spa was awesome. Make sure you book your dinner reservations when you get there!! The concierege is right next to check-in so just get it over with. Don't go to the "steakhouse". Steak wasn't even on the menu. The japanese was pretty good. We were going to try the fondu but decided to go into Playa for mexican so we wouldn't be disappointed again. I also recommend the Xel Ha excursion. It's all day and it includes your drinks and food so it's worth the money. Everyone complained about the rocks at the beach but they didn't bother me too bad. When you're in paradise and looking at beautiful water compared to Galveston, you can look past a few rocks. Oh yeah, the "DVD library" is a joke. It consists of like ten movies that play in spanish and english. There are a few channels in english like the E channel, Fox News, and some others that will switch back in forth from spanish to english but I didn't go there to watch T.V. so no big deal. Overall I had a good time. Just don't let the little things bother you and you'll have a blast!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa is located on the stunning Riviera Maya, just three kilometers from the famous Playa Del Carmen, in beautiful surrounds, with large and spacious natural parks and the delight of a good tropical weather. Besides our fascinating beach, renowned for the clear water and splendid sea beds, typical of the east end of the Yucatan Peninsula, the hotel invites you to discover the huge wealth of the archaeological remains of the Maya culture in this area. After crossing the spacious lobby the splendid "Paseo de los Dioses" is reached, which invites the costumers to discover the charm of the hotel. It is a gift to our senses to enjoy all our facilities that can be found to our left and right on the way to the marvelous beach awaiting for everybody at the way of the pleasant stroll. Opened in December 2007, Grand Riviera Princess offers 674 fully equipped rooms with a range of services that give the clients a variety of possibilities to choose from: Junior Suite, Junior Suite Deluxe (some with direct pool access), Platinum Suites and Laguna Villa Suites (ideal for the most romantic honeymoon). A fascinating Spa is offered to all the clients, and the most complete activity program during day and night. A range of services in the varied and international selection of top quality food provide the perfect counterpoint when sharing moments of peace and calm with excellent meals in beautiful and inviting specially decorated surrounds, some of which are by the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort And Spa
- Grand Riviera Princess All Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Riviera Princess Hotel
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico