Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa
$227
$191
$587
  • Breakfast included
Royal Hideaway Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
$331
$217
Barcelo.com
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
$423
$240
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
$401
$289
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
$1,434
$753
Bookit.com
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
$438
$472
$973
$450
9,333 results
All reviewsa la carte restaurantssports barfondueplatinum suitemama miaplatinum areale fleurplatinum conciergechill out barla vaqueriaplatinum poolthe grilllas olaswater shoesprivate pooldays in advanceseafood
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband I stayed at this resort March 30 / April 8. When we arrived the check in was very quick with no problems, and the Front Desk staff were very friendly.

Rooms: we had booked in the Yuccatan section and our room was very nice and clean. We had plenty of toiletries in our bathroom, the mini bar was socked regularly, and we had maids come in twice a day once in the morning and the evening turndown service.

Grounds: The resort is very large but even my husband with a knee replacement managed to walk all over, and if he got sore there was always a trolly every 10 to 15 minutes to take you from one end to the other. The grounds are very beautiful and well maintained.

Restaurants: The food was good at the buffet restaurant, we could always find something good to eat, breakfast i could always find bacon, sausage and eggs done however i wanted just had to ask. The wait staff was excellent always ready with coffee or drinks. We tried 3 of the other restaurants but the French Restaurant was our favorite. We had room service 3 times and found it was really fast and good.

Beach: The beach was nice we always went to the Adults only section. Going into the water there is a liitle hard with the rocks, but if you go to the right of the lifegaurd stand it is nice and sandy.

Room Tip: I would recommend the yuccatan section if you like to relax without kids. Room#301241
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I had a wonderful stay, i recommend this place to every body.
The personal is incredible and every body seems to enjoy their jobs.
I loved the chill out restaurant and concierge service is very helpful

Room Tip: South rooms receive more sun all day
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jose V
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband and I travel a lot, usually just the two of us, roughly 4 trips a year. We have been to Mexico 6-8 times, with this being our second trip to the Playa del Carmen area and this time we traveled with our adult children (a party of 6). We always do lots of research before traveling, so we are usually very well versed on the resort and the area that we are traveling to.

The resort is huge, but not a problem for any of us as we didn't mind the walking at all. We had booked into the Platinum suites, but due to an overbooking issue at the resort (4 weddings that week), they gave us an upgrade to the newer Yucatan suites. This was up closer to the lobby rather than down near the beach, but since the upgrade included the ability to eat at the Tapas restaurant, a more restricted quieter bar, free use of the basic spa facilities each day, a discount on other spa services, and free access into the Chill Out Beach Club every day, we were very much okay with the change. We had wireless internet in the rooms, which worked fine, but was a tad slow. The wired computers they had in the bar for us to use weren't really much faster though. It was good enough considering we seldom check email or do anything else on the computer when we travel.

The resort is beautiful, with many pools, though I've no comments on the pools themselves as we spent all our on-resort time at the beach. Additionally, though they have a show each day, we never attended one. My daughter and I did have pedicures at the spa (a normal mommy-daughter thing we have done for ages) - those were a bit pricey, even with the Yucatan discount that we got. The Chill Out Beach Club was great - very relaxing with super drink service and not as crowded or noisy as the main beach area was. My understanding is that the normal cost of the area is $13 a day, and though I loved the atmosphere and service there, I'm not sure I would have paid that much each day for it. The Yucatan rooms look north, over their private swimming pool and onto the foliage. We never book a room for the view because we are pretty much only in our room to change clothes and sleep, so we had no issues with that.

The one advantage to being in the Villas or the Platinum area or the Yucatan area is that you can make your dinner reservations for the entire week as soon as you get there. Whereas, my understanding is that the regular rooms can only reserve 3 days in advance. We ate at La Hacienda (Mexican), Tapas (Spanish), Las Olas (Seafood), La Vaqueria (Steakhouse), La Fondue (Swiss Fondue), Miso (Teppanyaki) and Miso (Oriental). My favorite was the Tapas by far, though I enjoyed all except the Mexican, and that primarily because it was the only one where the service was super slow. The fondue was different than any that we've had before, but it was still yummy and fun - all of the food was really good. Two in our party opted for the Italian one night and they said it was terrific also. Additionally, we were able to eat at the "a la carte" breakfast and lunch locations in the platinum area, which we did a few times. Not to mention that the buffets in the Platinum area weren't near as crowded as the two up near the lobby. The buffet food that we did have was decent and there was an omelet bar at breakfast and a pasta bar at lunch.

Overall, the resort was a definite hit with everyone. Given that we have paid the same AI fee at what I would consider to be only so-so resorts, my husband and I thought this one was a great value. I would definitely recommend the resort to others.

Room Tip: An upgrade to at least Platinum is definitely worth it as that will let you make your dinner reservations all up front and give you access to some more private areas and upgraded service.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank Sheila P
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Overall the hotel was okay but the location from the pool and beach was far. I would have been satisfied with the less than great tequila but when we got there I had to charge an extra fee to my card. Two months later my bank calls me after someone in the Cancun area used my card to use $700!!! The only place I used my card there was the hotel, sad considering this hotel was nice.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank jennpnut
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed at this establishment in July 2012 as part of our honeymoon. First impressions of the hotel were generally good. But we did arrive in the dark.

First few days passed without any great fuss although we did experience pool quality of service from staff and the rumblings of canteen style food. Plus lots of flies in the restaurants!!

Tried the specialist restaurants which were supposed to be a la carte but served poor quality food, service and staff!!

By the end of the first week my wife had fallen really ill with sickness and diahorrea which can be attributed to the hotel as we had not ventured outside the complex.Shortly afterwards I soon became really acutely ill but at least I just had the runs. This we are sure can be attributed to poor hygiene standards and dirty food served at the hotel. Indeed I was ill for 3 weeks after my return from Mexico.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple